Simple trichrome question

OldSkoool

Oh HAPPY DAY!!! After completing her 14th week, and 3rd week of flowering cycle, my beautiful, bag seed plant decorated herself with lottsa trichromes on a number of the buds turning a very cool crimson red. Strange, the two main tops, although covered in pistols, developing promising collas, have yet to begin color change, and are absent of any tri's so far. As a new grower, I assumed only the more exotic buds developed copius amounts of these awesome looking crystals. I'd have a picture, but they're still pending approval

I did some searching, finding valuable information regarding trichome collection/processing, but I couldn't find an answer to my question...do all flowering mj plants produce tri's?

Thanks for everyones help.

Thanks Skatter, have a friend that stated not all females produced tri's, thus prompting my question.

Word? Naw,

Trichomes are epidermal hairs found on the aerial surfaces of nearly all plants. They can take many shapes and forms. Some function as glandular secretor organs; others act as protection against insect predators. In the case of cannabis, they pack the THC punch. (resin glands)

Peace

trichomes are out there to lockin moisture, by droping the temp during the dark period of there flowering regimen, it will produce more trichomes. drop it to about oh say 70 degree's? anyone else got anything to add?

Thanks to everyone for helping out this new grower. I had read Urdedpal piece on flowering, and noted the same recommendation that Dank brought up, that being dropping the temp during the dark period. Good info for other new growers who might have missed that piece, not to mention Skatter's detailed description.

wk14e0718thrdwkflwr05.JPG

DankCloset said:
trichomes are out there to lockin moisture, by droping the temp during the dark period of there flowering regimen, it will produce more trichomes. drop it to about oh say 70 degree's? anyone else got anything to add?

I like a 10-15 degree temp drop....
just another littl' tweak when it's affordable

haven't collected any info on how such an extreme drop like that shortin's or lengthin's the time they are milky till they turn Golden.

seems they have also found that the less Trichs a strain of hemp has the less likely it is to adopt to the enviroment that it is growing in :smokin3:

absolutely, i agree, the thing is, you have to ease it into the temp drop, a few degree's a day, eventually u will see it try and lock moisture.

the tempurature change helps it to produce the tri comes sooner or quicker not really sure but we had some excesive heat the last few days and at night it got cold not cool but cold and my plants stated to show its tricomes but now they are back to vegging again

DankCloset said:
honestly, i been doin this along time, and i have never seen amber trichomes. always white.

You harvest when the hairs turn?

Damn Cappie'!!!
That's a bunch of chemestry for an old farm hand like me to try and absorb.
I know the harvests during July and Aug ain't nearly as good as the Oct. - Jun. crops (smrk)

my concern is
if I use those weak months for seed production instead of SacraficialVirgins
does that effect the next generations?
low THC production in generations to come?

It's a Perpetual Thang ... I like a harvest Fest every weekend or 2

Excellent piece Capt'n, thanks for contributing. I have one of those RS pocket microscopes, great little accessory.

my fault, thought he was referring to the white hairs that emerge in female bud and turn red.....those are pistils. Nice CBD/CBN info in that wikipedia entry.

Back
Top Bottom