Flowering question

gambit85

Ok so here's what im unclear about..
I know it takes roughly 8-11 weeks of flowering. Depending on strain and generally pure indica is closer to 8 and sativa closer to 11.. But I still have many questions around this..

#1) does the time you start counting days of "flowering" begin from day 1 of switching to 12-12 or is day 1 a week later when you start seeing increased pistole production.

#2) If a plant is left too long and is overripe, then the trichromes will be nearly all Amber and degraded. Is this a fixed set of time for each plant or is it simply q few weeks after all trichromes are mature.. in other words... : if some type of dramatic event occurs that causes my plants to pause or halt growing.. (for example light leak, or a bad pest infection) and then two-three weeks later this is corrected... Would you just keep growing the buds until they are ready even if say you are on week 15 and they are still showing signs of growing?? Or will the plants/buds start to die after 12 weeks regardless of the buds readiness

Thanks
G

The pic will help you understand the harvesting stages
8afe0c559da68db14a147c4f2292a544.jpg

Flowering time is counted from when you first see buds forming (or perhaps increased pistil production as you put it). I had this same question for a long time and it was very difficult to get a clear answer despite how simple the question seems. So I hope this is straight forward enough for you.

As for your other question, I'm not really sure. But I would base harvest time solely on the color of your trichomes, regardless of how long it's been flowering.

Back
Top Bottom