Slow growth and yellow leaves

Marthajeep

420 Member
So I have two autos at week 4. (Rqs auto gorilla and Dreamberry) The first two weeks looked quite good. Then between the start of 3-4 showed very limited growth and the first two true leaves turned yellow, now I’m noticing the next set are doing the same. At first I thought it was a calmag issue and possibly nitrogen deficiency and immediately started adding it to my water which is ro, probably should have started that sooner. At day one of week 3 I started a half dose of roots uprising grow as a top dress. Now I feel like the top leaves are a bit dark leading me to think nitrogen toxicity, but with yellow leaves I’m at a loss. I started lst at week 3 so I could understand them being shorter, but around 4 inches is a bit ridiculous. I’m growing in ffof with nature’s living soil mixed into the bottom third of my 3 gal fabric pots. I water every 2-3 days as the soil is bone dry by then. I’ve been running at 75 degrees/ 55% rh. Not sure if my light could be a factor, Viparspectra va 1000, but I have an hlg 135 v2 arriving in two days. Any and all suggestions are welcome!

81D5AA4E-12AB-4F17-A4CA-FE78924D1E9D.jpeg

A7B5035E-044C-4759-BBDF-7D67460AAE53.jpeg

Cal/Mag deficiency starts at the top, Cal/mag gives them resistance to strong lights.

Have you been feeding them? Wait on a couple of opinions but it may be canabilizing itself for nutes.

I have better luck with autos in ff happy frog ffof was to hot for me. In FFHF I start feeding 2gm per gallon mega Crop as soon as I see the second set of leaves.

Hiya,quick question,are your pots sat directly on the grow room floor?
It may just be the genetics, but sometimes the cold floor cools the soil and stunts the plant.
You seem to have most other things looked after.

Hiya,quick question,are your pots sat directly on the grow room floor?
It may just be the genetics, but sometimes the cold floor cools the soil and stunts the plant.
You seem to have most other things looked after.
No, not on the floor, on rolling stands, I’ll include a pic. Unfortunately I don’t think I can chalk it up to genes. Two different strains from two different breeders acting identically. I’m just missing the common denominator. I do have a theory though. I have yellow leaves at the bottom possibly from lack of calmag from watering with straight ro for the first 3 weeks (been watering with, for the past 7 days, two waterings) and then added the first top dress fert around the same time maybe before I should have, giving me signs of nitrogen tox and calmag deficiency at the same time?

Attachments

• FE3BA4E4-88C6-4683-9D2B-A08950C9C5EF.jpeg
    FE3BA4E4-88C6-4683-9D2B-A08950C9C5EF.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 151
No, not on the floor, on rolling stands, I’ll include a pic. Unfortunately I don’t think I can chalk it up to genes. Two different strains from two different breeders acting identically. I’m just missing the common denominator. I do have a theory though. I have yellow leaves at the bottom possibly from lack of calmag from watering with straight ro for the first 3 weeks (been watering with, for the past 7 days, two waterings) and then added the first top dress fert around the same time maybe before I should have, giving me signs of nitrogen tox and calmag deficiency at the same time?
Yeah, I'm not seeing any cal mag issues.
To my humble eye, I'm seeing a bit over watered plant that now needs a bit of food.
Sometimes when the soil looks dry it isn't underneath, a better way of knowing when to water is the weight of pot.

Back
Top Bottom