Slow growth or not?

DanyalMondol

Hi everyone this is my first grow so am a noob to this. Please bear with me. I have a girl that's about 3ft tall and has bin growing since September and I have switched the lights to 12/12 in late January. The very first pistol showed on February 14th and now the date is March 17 but I think my buds are very small compared to others. The buds are the size of a pencil, is this normal? Should I use 3 40w cfls instead of the 3 15w leds?
Because its all I can afford, and would the light change mess things up with the plant?
Also the leds has a focused lenses and looks brighter than the CFLs, ik our vision can't tell and it depend on the par rating but I don't know any of those values so it's just by sight for me.
Some Notes:
Growing in a 3g pot under 3 15w LEDs(flood lights is all I have and I think this is the downfall) all I can afford. (I also have 1.5ft t5 which I don't use)
Temps are around 78-84 degree's during day time and around 72-78 at night
Grow space is 3x2x5
I don't think it a nute problem, plant looks healthy and I also saw a grow without nutes and its fatter.
Could also be root structure is very poor cause I used a name less acidic soil( says for acidic loving flowers and was bought by my mom).
I am very curious as to how this would turn out because it,s a very very low budget grow.
Again all I can afford to spend on it, would of love to spend more but sadly can't so what can I do to improve my next grow.

420-magazine-mobile803523999.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1774351450.jpg

Pics taken a few days ago.(2-4) little to no growth since.

The walls are white now btw.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You need something to grow your plant in. Just letting it sit indoors or by a window is not ideal if your being serious. Get a tent, some thin wood walls, or empty your closet and use that. Because your plant is not growing in anything,You have lights, but instead of the light being directed to the plant, you have light flooding away from your plant(wasting energy).What you doing with a mirror?Take that mirror away. Your plant is also coming to the max growth for your pot. When starting grow, Imagine your max plant height is going to be 3-4 times the hieght of the pot you use. 3-5 times the width of your pot for the max width of your plant. Your plant has started budding. Plants either grow taller or they start budding. They dont do both at the same time. Your in flower.. so you add a sodium light OR blue/ red leds. My opinion/what I would do if I was you. Cut off and clone branches that arent budding. Read up on cloning and topping. Your plant could of had 4+ times as many nodes (branches) as it has now. Although it looks like you already took off some branches at the bottom. Why and what you do with those?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

You need something to grow your plant in. Just letting it sit indoors or by a window is not ideal if your being serious. Get a tent, some thin wood walls, or empty your closet and use that. Because your plant is not growing in anything,You have lights, but instead of the light being directed to the plant, you have light flooding away from your plant(wasting energy).What you doing with a mirror?Take that mirror away. Your plant is also coming to the max growth for your pot. When starting grow, Imagine your max plant height is going to be 3-4 times the hieght of the pot you use. 3-5 times the width of your pot for the max width of your plant. Your plant has started budding. Plants either grow taller or they start budding. They dont do both at the same time. Your in flower.. so you add a sodium light OR blue/ red leds. My opinion/what I would do if I was you. Cut off and clone branches that arent budding. Read up on cloning and topping. Your plant could of had 4+ times as many nodes (branches) as it has now. Although it looks like you already took off some branches at the bottom. Why and what you do with those?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine
Tnx for the reply. It is actually in my cupboard and its a 3x2x5 and has a fan inside and my room has ac. The 3 lights are LEDs 15w and is about 6 inches away and is 3000k color temps and it is focused at my plant. I let it gorw and post some more update pics in a week or two.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom