UV Germicidal Light & Ladybugs

Fasttap

Hi everyone, I got a question. I have a separate 10'x16' grow building separate from my home witch affords me the use of Ladybugs for pest prevention. Now for my question - Will the short exposure (just a few seconds) harm my Ladybugs. The light I have is a 15w Germicidal lamp that I made a shield for. This is it
420-magazine-mobile1504599799.jpg

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi everyone, I got a question. I have a separate 10'x16' grow building separate from my home witch affords me the use of Ladybugs for pest prevention. Now for my question - Will the short exposure (just a few seconds) harm my Ladybugs. The light I have is a 15w Germicidal lamp that I made a shield for. This is it
420-magazine-mobile1504599799.jpg

Sunlight has uv so I think the lady bugs will be ok. As long as the can not get into the light.

"carpe diem" and grow to your hearts content

Great point IslandGrow, some of my newer led lights have a couple in them already. A buddy has a 35w that he used one time on a spider mite problem , he next day they were all dead. They are starting to use these in the bigger grow rooms I noticed on u-tube , much bigger scale. Great preventive if it works on everything like they claim. Saw one on-line for $336 it was a 11w. I got twenty bucks in mine. Sorry about the long windedness. Thanks for replying

Great point IslandGrow, some of my newer led lights have a couple in them already. A buddy has a 35w that he used one time on a spider mite problem , he next day they were all dead. They are starting to use these in the bigger grow rooms I noticed on u-tube , much bigger scale. Great preventive if it works on everything like they claim. Saw one on-line for $336 it was a 11w. I got twenty bucks in mine. Sorry about the long windedness. Thanks for replying

Cool didn't know about those lights as pest control option.

"carpe diem" and grow to your hearts content

First time for me too , my friend has been a caregiver for 4 years now. His parents own a greenhouse here in town. Probably have to see it myself. I got an answer from a Germicidal Lamp manufacturer- will not harm my Ladybugs, other than being attracted to it. Basically the same reply you gave. So I'll continue to use Ladybugs for pests and the my lamp for the airborne enemies. Yay no chemicals or sprays. Happy Growing!

Back
Top Bottom