Slow growth

Troublemaker

420 Member
hello guys,

i'm into a new project, hope this is going to work fine...

i putted the seeds already germinated in the soil at the day 03/12 and today is 20/12 and i took some pictures to show you guys.

I think they are growing very slowly and I dont think that is normal, they should be taller at this time, I need some tips, pls...

I've 6 LED Lamps, 20watt,6400k and 1800 lumens each, the total of 6 lamps is, 120wats and 10800lumens, I think that's enough light, i don't pretend a large harvest, i just want to have free smoke for a while :D

I watering every day a little bit, not too weet, but no dry.

I just take picture of one plant because the other 3 are equal...

18hrs light on 6hrs light off

I took the pictures 1 minute after turned on lights, so they maybe were sleeping xd

Sry for bad english, THANK YOU!
IMG_20181220_152354.jpg
IMG_20181220_152105.jpg
IMG_20181220_152142.jpg

Looks like not even close to enough light

People using CFL bulbs have them about 6" away. Not sure on those LED bulbs but bet they should be much closer

Are u in Coco or soil

get a 600 watt hid for $189 on Amazon , digital dimmable ballast and a mh bulb , hps bulb and a digital time , your gonna need it for flowering stage for sure , -Vivosun brand and you can put any brand of bulb into it later if you wish to by new bulbs it's the cheapest way to go .just bought 2 of these and tossed my led`s.

Or, get an $89 1000w or better LED light ... its a crap shoot with all these new name untested lights... but for the price point these are hitting the market, it is hard to go wrong. Going the HID route, its not just the cost of the ballast and bulb and fixture, but you also need a good hood to direct that light, fans and ducting to cool that light... and the bulbs wear out rather quickly. I ran two 600w HID bulbs in my tent for years, complete with the very high electricity costs. Now I run my big LED light on a fraction of that power, and it is supposed to last for 10-15 years. Just on the strength of these numbers I have put my HID equipment in storage and have invested in LED.

I can't put that amount of watts, it's to much for eletrecity bill, somebody will notice it :D

In other harvest in the past, i had 2 cfl lights with 60 watt each and 3400 lumens each, and the harvest was fine.... i switched now to 6 lamp Led with the same amount of watts because i think its better, and i notice the difference of light, they now got more light for sure.

i have a issue, its winter here, the medium temperature outside is 15ºC, i dont have nothing to measure inside but i think the temperature inside is around 20ºC, or more with with lights on, is that ok ? or too low ? maybe thats a problem too

I'll put the hood to direct the light, and put it closer, thanks for replys ;)

I can't agree with that, when I turn on the only 120 watts lamps my eletricity counter it goes very more faster...
one more question, should i turn off fan to rise up the temperature ? when comes the flower stage i turn it on...
or is this a bad move ?

I can't agree with that, when I turn on the only 120 watts lamps my eletricity counter it goes very more faster...
one more question, should i turn off fan to rise up the temperature ? when comes the flower stage i turn it on...
or is this a bad move ?
None of us really know those lights you are using, so you may be right. Your plants will tell you if it is not enough light because they will get very tall and stringy looking for more light. If they stay short and seem happy, the light is doing what it should do. Maybe you do have more light there than we think... let's wait to see.
I suggest a space heater? Fans are very important in the grow room, not just to circulate fresh air, but to make the stalks stronger, and keep away mold and mildew problems. I would never suggest turning off the fan.

Hey Trouble I think you will find it is warmer than 20 degrees in your house , unless you live in a igloo as your furnace would be on constantly and your wife , girl friends hair dryer uses more hydro than a 600 watt led does so let's really put this in correct perspective , not trying to be rude ,but these are the facts .

You might consider getting a seedling heat mat ( i read a post by someone who used the mat thru out entire grow) or get the pots up off the floor. Not sure how your setup compares to mine but i had a 70F air temp but the pots were on the cold floor and I think the soil was colder than the air temp. I also mistakenly soaked my 3 gal pots entirely while plants were seedlings. My plants started off very slowly but once i got my light closer and pots insulated from cold floor my soil felt warm they seemed much happier. Your plants will tell you what they like! Goodluck Grow Hard!!

Back
Top Bottom