New Grower Sick Plants

Everytime I see a sick plant on here, 99% of the time ocean forest soil or fox farm is involved.
I must be in the 1% club. lol I had a grow in FFOF and it gave me 20 ounces. See sig below on first ever grow. Second grow is in FFOF because my first grow went well. To the OP. Which Viparspectra do you have. Says me that's a small light for a 4x4 tent. You can barely see my Viparspectra in the pic. I use it to supplement my home made light although in my first grow, It sat in a box. In fact I have two of them and both sat in boxes. I really should sell them......The pic sure makes them look sick though.
20200120_101151[1].jpg

I'm not saying the soil is crappy, Im saying most posts where there's an issue I usually see the words fox farm.
It could be something simply not related to the soil. IE, adding things not needed. I had heard it had enough nutes in it for 5 weeks. I learned this before I planted any seeds. Growing is a science and should be treated as such. I learned about humidity, temps, nutrients and lighting before I dropped the seeds in. I had told my wife if I was going to do this I was going to self teach myself. Once the hammer fell in Canada on OCT 17th I set about learning and accumulating items needed. I did not drop the seed till February. I think if people took the time to learn then there will be less errors unless you get an apprenticeship growing. Fortunately for those who jump in, We have forums like this one.

It could be something simply not related to the soil. IE, adding things not needed. I had heard it had enough nutes in it for 5 weeks. I learned this before I planted any seeds. Growing is a science and should be treated as such. I learned about humidity, temps, nutrients and lighting before I dropped the seeds in. I had told my wife if I was going to do this I was going to self teach myself. Once the hammer fell in Canada on OCT 17th I set about learning and accumulating items needed. I did not drop the seed till February. I think if people took the time to learn then there will be less errors unless you get an apprenticeship growing. Fortunately for those who jump in, We have forums like this one.
Ok Ok your right I'm wrong. Carry on

Everytime I see a sick plant on here, 99% of the time ocean forest soil or fox farm is involved.
I only use Fox Farm for my soil grows. He's added roughly 10 times more fertilizer than recommended according to the boxes of bone/ blood meal I have. I'd say his Phosphorous has locked out Calciun, Iron, Zinc. But there are a litany of other issues. It's not the soil.

Transplant and flush aggressively with fulvic acid (Fulpower by Bioag is the goods). This will help move and chelate the excess nutes.

Back
Top Bottom