Hello to all of you fantastic growers: slow growth?

You may get frustrated with me going back to the holes again, but it’s important you have big enough of holes to prevent water sitting in the bottoms of the pots (coke bottles)

My flowering plants are in coco, but I’ve gone back to try the same plants in soil for this time around. I know a guy that would use straight coco and put an inch or so of washed gravel at the bottoms to prevent water sitting in the roots at the bottoms of the pot. He used pop bottles as well. Grew perpetually, with smaller plants but was harvesting every two weeks. Now I’m just rambling sorry about that.

i use like 10-12 hole on the bottom.
1 cm x 0.5 cm ..i think the excess water flow pretty well..but soon i will make more hole there..
because i start give her with organic fertilizer..and i read in many articles + advice from other grower..'ONLY USE WATER'
now pretty scare about too much nutrients..even i use super super little amount..

lets have a pic of the light if you can. and maybe one with both the plants and light in the same frame.

i'm thinking it's looking for light. still not sure what you are using for light. seedlings don't need much, but it still has to be there.

Attachments

• IMG_5361.JPG
    IMG_5361.JPG
    763.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5362.JPG
    IMG_5362.JPG
    633.6 KB · Views: 40
And pictures of your nutrients and a pic of the directed usage of if possible.

i use home made worm casting.
i dont know she can survive or not..but like u said..she tip over..but the other one grow very well..

Attachments

• IMG_5361.JPG
    IMG_5361.JPG
    763.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5363.JPG
    IMG_5363.JPG
    629.6 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    605.7 KB · Views: 40
Setup looks good, those lights end up running really hot. Having them too close will burn the plants, then having them farther away to combat the heat problem will cause them to stretch (what has been happening). The problem with those lights are you will constantly battle the lights too far and the lights too warm for the plants as the grow bigger (if the grow bigger) I strongly suggest looking into buying your self a new light, I understand they’re expensive and a person may not have money and what not, but you will need to invest into one sometime soon.

I see you have them sitting on sticks above the water, but what is that water and air stone (I’m assuming) for under neath the cups? Is it just run off?

They look really wet. Do you give them a wet/ dry cycle? Or are they constantly moist?

I see you have them sitting on sticks above the water, but what is that water and air stone (I’m assuming) for under neath the cups? Is it just run off?

They look really wet. Do you give them a wet/ dry cycle? Or are they constantly moist?

i'm not give her water everyday..
but because today i need to add more soil..i give her water yesterday and today.
now i already changing setup.
i adding air pump injection to the soil.
to give the root fresh air..and making couple hole on the soil.
and setup the light higher..
adding more hole on the bottom of the bottle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    816.9 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    618.4 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    562.7 KB · Views: 35
With the seedling that’s tipped over. Take a twist tie, stick one end in the dirt and twist the other end around the weak stem. Helping support the weight. Get a fan in there to blow the air around them and that stem should strengthen :rollit:

Also roots don’t care for light all that much. If you get another darker cup to place those clear cups into, should do the trick until their transplanted.

now i already only use red and blue grow light..and setup more distance but give more bulb. 3x10 watt red and blue light.
the one that tip over i just adding soil without doing anything else except watering.
i only adding air injection to the one that doesn't tip over, now try to focus to her only.

i have the last seed i brought.
do u have suggestions for me?
do i better starting on coco mix with perlite + peat moss + mycorrhizae without soil?
or just adding 50/50 soil - perlite mix?

i lived so far away from the places i brought the seeds..even different continents..feels like pretty sad right now with what happen.
but it is what it is..i'll try to keep going.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    708.8 KB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom