Small AC unit!

tallboy2023

Is there such a thing as a mini AC unit for a 4x4 tent? The temp in my basement is a little too high so my in-line GS is pulling hot air in when trying to cool the tent. Lots of stuff online, but I'm wondering if any of it works.

It reads like you are thinking of finding a way to cool the temperatures inside the tent and not the basement itself.

What are the temperatures in the tent itself when the lights are on and when the lights have been off for awhile?

And, the temperatures in the rest of the basement more than several feet from the tent?

Usually we read about the temperatures being too high in the tent but the rest of the basement is cooler.

Tent is around 79-80 when light is on and in-line fan is on full speed. Basement is around 77. Do those temps scare you? Or should I be ok? I've had some herms so I'm super gun shy right now.
No, no scare. Some would say that the inside temperature of the tent, at plant canopy level, is better at 80 to 82 F if LED lights are being used. So, it is possible that you are in a safe zone.

My flowering tent temps at canopy level are holding at 82 throughout the day. The night temps will drop into the low to mid 70s during the summer and top end of the 60s to 72 during the winter.

I control the temperatures in the room by how wide I leave the room door open. That way the rest of the basement helps control the room temperatures. I then control the temp inside the tent by how open I leave the tent door. First thing in the morning as soon as the lights come on I open the tent door. When the lights go off I close the tent door.

I was going to ask about the humidity but I see that @GainesvilleGreen joined in the discussion. For what it is worth I have night time humidity levels in the tent holding in the mid 50s to mid 60s depending on the season. The day levels tend to hold at the mid 40s to mid 50s. I have found it easier to try to control the humidity in the rest of the basement and let that control the room and therefore the tent.

Sounds like I should be OK. I've had two beautiful grows go Hermie on me and end up full of seeds so I'm trying to basically eliminate anything that might cause it at this point. I'm starting to think that it may have actually been genetics. There was one of the same strains from the same bank in both runs. Based on my research, it appears the seed bank I initially bought from is known for hermie seeds. The ones I have going now are from more of a boutique breeder. Thank you for the input.

Back
Top Bottom