Small grayish spots on new seedling

RedClaymore

420 Member
I’m a first time grower and started off planting three plants altogether, however, the youngest of my three plants has started to develop small gray spots on one of its leaves. Not sure if I should be concerned or not

Attachments

• C2884B70-1AAD-4521-9AD3-180D20D212A1.jpeg
    C2884B70-1AAD-4521-9AD3-180D20D212A1.jpeg
    570.2 KB · Views: 77
  • FC72C13A-87AD-431F-9C1E-EBEECF2A51AD.jpeg
    FC72C13A-87AD-431F-9C1E-EBEECF2A51AD.jpeg
    596.9 KB · Views: 80
Hard to tell by the pictures, but gray is normally a type of powdery mildew. Has it been very humid?
It’s been humid out because of high temps mixed with rain. I’ve been thinking if I should invest in a dehumidifier and it seems I should lol. My only other concern is could it spread to my other two plants that don’t show any signs of powdery mildew?

I use Garden Friendly Fungicide as a preventative and spray every 2 weeks. It's pretty cheap. If you want, combine one tablespoon baking soda and one-half teaspoon of liquid, non-detergent soap with one gallon of water, and spray the mixture liberally on the plants.

Good airflow is the best way to prevent this. I run my humidity near 70% in veg in a tent, but between the preventative and airflow, I've never had a problem.

I use Garden Friendly Fungicide as a preventative and spray every 2 weeks. It's pretty cheap. If you want, combine one tablespoon baking soda and one-half teaspoon of liquid, non-detergent soap with one gallon of water, and spray the mixture liberally on the plants.

Good airflow is the best way to prevent this. I run my humidity near 70% in veg in a tent, but between the preventative and airflow, I've never had a problem.
I usually have a clip on fan that circulates air inside the tent and occasionally take it out to charge, it that works pretty good for the most part. I’ll try the fungicide recipe you recommended and update if it was any good. Also when you say non detergent soap do you mean something like hand soap?

I've used dawn and it didn't hurt anything, although I was originally instructed to use "non-detergent" so I thought I'd pass it along. I think most hand soaps are non-detergent but not sure. I would be wary of any fragrances in them tho. Google "garden friendly fungicide" it's super cheap and concentrated, you'll only need their smallest bottle. Just make a small batch in a sprayer and spray en down every 10-14 days through veg and first couple weeks of flower, you'll never deal with pm or a variety of other issues again! It's safe to use late in flower, I just find that proper use beforehand makes it unessecary and I'd prefer not to spray anything on the buds once they form.

Back
Top Bottom