Smell of buds in Mason jars

cubby420

:hookah:I have been storeing my new buds in mason jars for about 8 days,I take the lid off 1 time daily,It's still little moist,But how long should the wet grass smell last? It is not as bad as it was 8days ago by a long shot.Is it ok to keep the buds in the jars for a longer time than just 1day.Can I leave them sealed for a week then open and let sit open for several hours?

What do you mean wet grass smell 8 days into jars? It should smell dank by now. The buds should have re hydrated themselves and you should be down to burping once daily. Question, did you put wet bud into a jar? If so back up a step.

I hang dry my buds till they are slightly crispy then give them a few days in plain brown bags.

You have to burp daily for the first week or so then every other day after a week or so they are ready to be put in storage .

That is exactly how I do it. However humidity can vary the hang and bag time. I NEVER put anything in a jar until the bud is slightly crispy and the lower branches snap when I bend them.

That is exactly how I do it. However humidity can vary the hang and bag time. I NEVER put anything in a jar until the bud is slightly crispy and the lower branches snap when I bend them.

I was told to hang plant for week or till ends were crispy,then cut up and put in jars which I did.,I notice a little bit of a wet grass smell.I took one jar and left the lid off for 12 hours and the smell started to get dank.1 more thing,When I take a big bud out of the jar it is sticky and I can fold it and it will staycompressed,but the stems dont snap yet.any sugestions.I know this sounds messed up.This is my 1st plant and dont want to fuck anything up and waste 10 jars of good bud.:Rasta:

I think the sack part of drying/curing is very important. The bud continues to dry but at a slower pace. I have to force myself not to jar them to soon. Just my opinion but I think the lower branches on your buds should snap before moving to jars. If I have done this right there is a lot less maintenance once in jars. Just my way of doing it.

I was thinking about putting half of my buds in a DEHYDRATOR. just to see if I can get that good smell of my buds.I got to b honest here,I took a couple hits off of the buds in mason jars,and I was REALLY PIE EYED SURPRISED!!ANY HOOT,HOW CAN I GET THE GOOD SMELL IN MY BUDS.They are off the plant cut into 3 to 5 inch. buds.In mason jars for about 12 days.I do burp them,I just want that good old smell.But for it being my 1st, Smoke wise. VERY IMPRESSIVE! PLEASE HELP WITH SMELL.MUCH APPRECIATED.

Putembk,I did what you sugested by going back 1 step,and That wet grass smell did go away,I now have had them curing in jars for couple weeks,and this shit kicks azz for it being my 1st and all.Is it true the longer I keep them in the jars curing,the stronger it will get.I do burp them about 1 or 2 times a week.The smell isn't like WOW!,But when through the lungs and brain cells it's a sneaker upper.Not much smell but alot of kick,Whys that?:peacetwo:

For me the key to dank tasting and smelling final product is mostly in the drying and curing process. When I cut them down I let them hang until the bud is slightly crispy. The time will vary depending on the humidity and the amount of ventilation in your drying room. I am in Colorado and on my last harvest my room was a constant 43%. With a slight bit of air circulation they were ready to go to bags in 4 days. The nest step is to wait until you can hear the lowest branches on the bud to snap and then go to jars. What you want is the inside of the bud to still contain moisture and the outside to be dry. They should smell a little like grass at this time. By putting them into a jar the inside of the bud will rehydrate the outside making the bud DANK!!! The less you have to work with them in a jar the better. If I do it right in the beginning I open and close every five hours or so and less as the days go by. After about 10 days your buds should smell and taste wonderful. :morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom