Soil and Nutrients Info

Detained

GROW INDOORS/OUTDOORS: SOIL AND NUTRIENTS

Here's some information about soil, about fertilizers, about dung and pots. Beside light, nutrients are a very important factor in the growing proces. Without enough nutrients your plants won't make nice buds.
If you still have questions, mail me.

Soil and Pots
The best is to use normal soil to grow your plants. Some growers use hydroponic systems, but that's only for growers who want to grow MUCH buds. Only use a hydroponic system when you're an experienced grower. Buy a book about it, ask professional growers for advice and hope it works. I don't answer questions about hydroponic systems, because I don't have enough experience with hydro. And I think you'd better use soil and pots to get nice "biological" and good tasting Ganja.

You should always use BIG pots. The roots need much space to grow. If you use small pots (less than 10-12 inches) the plant won't grow big. Only use small pots if you put much plants in a small grow room. To start seeds the pots must be a least 4 inches tall. But better is 4-10 inches. After a few weeks growing, transplant the plant to a bigger pot. If you have the space, you can transplant the plant again, just before the flowering period.

The best is to use very FRUIFULL soil. Don't use soil special for clones and seeds, because that's soil without much nutrients. You can add some perlite or little stones or sand to the soil, to make a better structure. Then the roots will be able to get more oxygen.
you can add some dung. Not too much, but e.g. 15% dung, 75% soil and 10% perlite. During the flowering period you can use GUANO, that makes the plants produce big buds.

Fertilizer
It's not necessary to use dung. Only fruitfull soil can be enough. But to get nice buds, you should use some special fertilizer. There are many fertilizers, the most are for ornamental plants. Mostly these fertilizers aren't very good to use for growing pot. You'd better use a fertilizer wich is made special for growing pot. If you can't get such a fertilizer, look for a fertilizer for a kitchen garden or ask someone (from a garden shop) wich fertilizer you (in your situation) you can use.
It's the most necessary to use fertlizer during the flowering period. Then the plants need much extra nutrients to produce big flowers (=buds).
But watch out: never overdose the plants, you can kill them if you give to much. If the leaves curl or turn color (gray or brown spots appearing on the leaves) you gave to much fertilizer; Give only water for about one week. If the plant is going to die, give much water, you have to water the nutrients out of the soil.

Back
Top Bottom