Soil dried up during sprouting

SmokinCnote

420 Member
I germinated 9 seeds and they all cracked and showed a tap root. I then planted them about a half inch deep in soil and watered them. I set them outside in there container. I left for the day and the soil dried up for a few hours. Will they still sprout? I watered them as soon as I noticed the soil was dry.

I put the clear lid on them with four holes on top to trap moisture but allow oxygen in. I do have more seeds and I think I will wait to see what happens before I start over. Im not in a big hurry. Thank you for your advice.

I grow outdoors and still find it better to start seeds in red solo cups indoors. You do not need an expensive light to start with, however, they will help keep the nodes tight and short. ATM I just use a 9" round florescent goose neck light and can start 5 plants under it. I let them get at least 4 nodes on them. By that time, they are well established and starting to get root bound. Then you can transplant them in the final pot or out where you want them. Stoned Ape is correct about a 50/50% chance in them surviving after drying out. It would all depend on if the sprout root dried as well.

I put the clear lid on them with four holes on top to trap moisture but allow oxygen in. I do have more seeds and I think I will wait to see what happens before I start over. Im not in a big hurry. Thank you for your advice
I grow outdoors and still find it better to start seeds in red solo cups indoors. You do not need an expensive light to start with, however, they will help keep the nodes tight and short. ATM I just use a 9" round florescent goose neck light and can start 5 plants under it. I let them get at least 4 nodes on them. By that time, they are well established and starting to get root bound. Then you can transplant them in the final pot or out where you want them. Stoned Ape is correct about a 50/50% chance in them surviving after drying out. It would all depend on if the sprout root dried as well.
I'm putting them in my tent tomorrow under a Mars hydro TSW 3000. It was just so nice out I figured they would be okay. Thanks for the advice I'll never do this again.

Back
Top Bottom