soil help

Not familiar with the brand, but I'll bet it's a wal-mart knock off of miracle grow, if that's the case, or it contains any time relese ferts, then stay away.

got new soil fox farm ocean forest their in bad soil need to change to big planter in red cup now can i take them out the cup and put them in good soil with the bad soil in the red cup

I would try to remove as much of the bad soil from the root system as you can without damaging the roots. If these are small seedlings then there shouldn't be much dirt caked in with the roots, I wouldn't worry about a little bit of bad dirt going in with the good especially if the cost is damaged roots. No sense in losing the plants from transplant damage when you stand a better chance of treating them at a later date for excess nutes. Just my opinion :)

Just my opinion here, but I would not even chance trying to "clean" the bad soil off, the potiental for damaging the roots is just too great. Plus, if your talking about the red beer cups, that's not much soil in the whole scheme. Don't know what shape your babies are in, but when I transplant mine are always showing roots out to the very edge and when they taste the fresh soil they usually start a big growth spruth. But again, just my opinion

Back
Top Bottom