Soil Vs Hydro

Soil Vs Hydro

• Soil

Votes: 110 46.4%
  • Hydroponics

Votes: 127 53.6%

• Total voters
Autoflowerzz,

The term "qaulity" is relative to what? Taste? Smoke? Buzz? Harshness?

There are so many factors when one must judge the "qaulity" of a smoke. I am a hydro guy so I say hydro all the way but I know anyone can grow good qaulity smoke if grown right. I even knew this fella who grew a plant in a cat box with cat litter (unused of course) and the smoke turned out pretty good.

I am old school so I like my smoke thick smooth and not too overwhelming. Im too old to be coughing one of my lungs out. I have tasted both soil and hydro many times over. But I do beleive outdoor is the best since nothing beats the sun's light and heat. With good genetics the resin production is pushed to the max with the heat of the sun, sort of like a sunblock for the plant.

Just a thought or two :smokin:

CGs

The ability to control the environment for optimal growth and yield is what makes for best results. Well crafted indoor hydroponic grows have the most ducks in a row. Res ipsa loquitur, gotamit.

Way back when,I could tell you what Mexican state weed came from by look and taste. Colombian weed,it was easy to tell the Santa Marta strains from the lowland weed,as much of the latter was warehoused both in Colombia and Stateside waiting to take advantage of price spikes in the market. Jamaican had it's own taste too. Nicaraguan weed had thick,almost tobacco like taste.

In the region I grew up in,id'ing weed by state and county was fairly easy.

I would think it would be just as easy for a well informed,experienced consumer to tell the difference from hydro,soil,and outdoor weed today.

I have noticed a chemical taste w/ some hydro grown weed. There's a harshness to it when it's rushed and overfed.

Most of the weed I smoke is outdoor grown. Indoor weed seems to be missing a little something in the depth of the high? I figure it has something to do w/ the full spectrum of the sun,complete light penetration,and certain minerals in natural soil?

I would say for the connoisseur, soil is better. Soil provides more than the "essential" nutrients that "canned" nutes provide. Natural always justs tastes better along with the full effects of wholesome grown marijuana.
Sure, hydro is more scientific... so is genetically modified organisms that you buy in the grocery store, BUT soil grown is the way it was intended, not perfect, not scientifically exact, or otherwise.
Enjoy marijuana for what it is, in it's natural wholesomeness, the way it was intended and enjoy the experience for what it is, rather than what it is not.
This serves as a good outlook on life in general, and if we all lived like this we may find life more perfect rather than full of flaws.
The "glass half full" theory by me.
Enjoy and conquer.

There is more to this than soil vs hydro. The quality of the soil is important, but even then 'soil' has nutrients. Without a proper soil analysis what nutrients should you feed with? Soil-less gives you more control, but for my money, high pressure aero (HPA) gives the most control. I have brought plants back from the brink of death because I could more accurately control the nutrients. hth

The best flavor I've had came from the soil and Jamaican sun, it was also cured to deep brown with a full sweet spicy aroma.

The best high was from hydroponics, HID lighting and grown by a botanist in the basement of a farmhouse.

My preference has been soil or soil-less but my first hydro DWC started a week ago and i'm impressed.

Easy Hydro is totally controlable, Ive heard of hydro booths in Amstredam were they regularly trick people by asking which is which, very seldom can they differenciate. I dont understand how one can even compare soil or hydro, I think its a LOT more to do with the skill of the grower, taste is a manipulating factor,its easy to take a blueberry dominent strain and make it taste like strawberry, I know a guy that has lemon afgani??????? The question is an opinion really, but one that is manipulatable.

Back
Top Bottom