Soil Vs Hydro

Soil Vs Hydro

• Soil

Votes: 110 46.4%
  • Hydroponics

Votes: 127 53.6%

• Total voters
I toss my soil into the flower bed so I dont have to worry about pests. If I was growing on a larger scale, I would have to reuse the soil through composting, it would make sence. But for less then 10 plants, just throw the old in the flower bed, mulch it, and use it next year.

I honestly could not vote for the 'best' being either hydro or soil, I just happen to prefer indoor hydro because you can keep it simple or like myself tinker with it till no end :goof:

I didn't like the mess I made with soiless potting soil indoors. It seems to me that hydro will let you flush more efficiently? Soil gives you a little buffer for failure vs. pump failure etc.

Now I'm off topic here, sorry. I too would need samples for proper evaluation :cheesygrinsmiley:

I will definitely need to resort to BOTH! A perpetual harvest of hydro indoor and some monster bushes in the yard outside for those moments when I want good organic herb and for special friends to have the choice. :yummy:

^^^ I agree. A side by side comparison would be nice. ;-)

I've always grown in soil and had great results, but I'm currently taking on a hydro project that should be up and running within the next couple weeks... Hopefully... So I'll soon have a better idea.

I'm not too picky about weed, so as long as it gets me high and feelin right, I'm straight!

Good poll!

^ yup
But i know that hydro grows faster than soil, so that after 2 months of veg growth a hydro plant would be bigger than a soil one. I like hydro for clones, soil for seeds.

the quality of your buds doesn't depend from the mothod you grow,and from method i mean hydro or soil,hydro seems to have very very many more advantages than soil:
-1.in hydro you can save 2 weeks for your harvest and if you know how to grow hydro,it could give you an excellent yeld in less time than soil,
-2.you can grow hydro but in the same time you can grow organically,that's why i think hydro is the best way to grow cannabis for me,you 've got to pay attention at the EC and to the PH,and hydro will give you excellent results.
you can grow in soil also,growing in soil is easier than hydro,hydro asks for a lot of attentions,soil is a more elastic way to grow,you should always keep under control the PH but not as so much as hydro,in the hydroponic culture EC and PH is everything,cause everything of your culture stand by water and you've got to control it,i personally prefer hydro
thanks
hopegrower

Hydro seedlings just planted seem to be so finicky! I had one look like it was gonna die, then look like it was gonna be fine, and then finally die again. LOL There's a lot to keep up with growing hydro, but if you stay on top you may be surprised with the results...

I'm doing a hydro grow along with a soil grow, and for some reason the plants in the hydro seem to be growing soooo slow! Here's a comparison for yall to look at!

Day 10 Hydro

Day_10_COB.jpg

Day 10 Soil

Day_10_All_Three.jpg

There are a lot of variables, so I could imagine the reasons this may be.

Those day 10 soil plants are big... I would be more than happy to see that kind of growth on the 10th day. Thats why I say soil all the way!:roorrip:

^Miss. Fox had leaves stick together through germination, No nutes yet, They seem to be healthy.
Man! That's a lot of leaves stuck together. Almost every one seems affected.
You have to have some nutes when growing hydro. In soil there is always a starter dose built in for the plants to grow off of. Just the organic material breaking down in the soil will provide some nutrition. Plain water (good water anyway) has no elements that the plants can use for food. I believe Ms Fox mentions that hydro is going slower...well...now you know why. No nutrients to live off. Get a 1/4 strength dose of nutrients into that reservoir and feed those things. Then slowly work up to full strength. But please, feed those babies before you do too much damage.

well... according to my experience, I find hydro to be better than soil.
I actually got to test the 2 different techniques, with same strain and light power…

smell, aroma and flavor, where about the same not say identical… timing and quantity
was somewhat…. DIFFERENT!!!

it’s all about the nutrients you put in the solution and the flush you do the last days…

I wish i could grow out side,but I do find soil grown has a full taste.You need to use good soil with fungi and worm castings.Soil is great for a seed crop,just because you need to let it grow out for a long time.But if you have the money and the know how,hydro is a real fast "hot rod"grow.Grown well with a good flush its just as good .:peace:

Back
Top Bottom