Soil

richgannon_2001

Hey im getting ready to start my own grow closet.....with my experience in growing outside in conainers it seems like everytime i use miracle grow potting soil i get spider mites!!!! i can have one 5 feet away with a dif type of spoil in it n they dont touch the thing, i think they come in the dirt so i wont be buying it anymore for when im growing indoors......but my question (whichmay be really dumb)is......is there a way to sterilyze the soil b4 i bring it inside my grow room??......i am neurotic about things like spider mites....if my plants have em itll drive me up the wall lol

keep blazn:bong:

Hey rich why dont you just buy a fresh bag of potting soil. It should be clean when you buy it. Also as far as spider mites you should check ur outside plants to see if you have spider mites. If spider mites are already in your backyard then its no wonder why they hop on to your MJ plants. I would say get soome good ol' neem oil just in case. I have outdoor plant which i was sure was gonig to get mites but hasnt yet. I think this is because i have a jungle in my backyard and the mites are getting beat out but all the other insects. Are you growing from seed or from clone?

I have heard of people putting soil in the oven to sterilize it but i really dont think its a good idea.

You can buy all the stuff you need for a good mix in most garden centers, check the label most of them are sterilized.

or

if you are really lazy walk into a grow shop and pick up a bag of bio bizz lite mix ... its pretty good ive seen some plants growen with a it and they are sweet..
only drawback is the price

anyway happy growing
:peace:

Yea i spent 50 bucks on multiple bags of Miracle Grow Potting Soil n it always seems like they attack the ones that i use that soil on......im growing outside in containers for easy moving.....the ones with miracle grow are gone now and i had some others with a different potting soil and they are fine to date they were side by side the other plants untill i threw them out so i dunno whats up......whats the deal with neem oil? how do i use it? how often? where do i buy? do i put it on n wipe it off after? i want to do some sort of preventative step to keep these pests away!!

Humm thats wired i have never heard that before about the soil. Neem oil is a great natural insectaside and fungi killer. You can get it at your local hydroponics store. Um there are instruction on the back on how to use but basicaly you mix with water and foiler spray making sure to get under the leaves as this is where mite live and breed. do this every 4-5 days if you have mites as this is the time it takes for new eggs to hatch. Neem oils is not a preventative but a control to the problem. Prevention lies in a clean grow area healthy plants and a green thumb.

Back
Top Bottom