Soils

Happy Frog is a good soil from Fox Farms too. It's generally cheaper and a bit heavier than ocean forest. I honestly prefer happy frog, I didn't notice a difference between the two in the way the plants grew. Around here a bag of happy frog is around $20 for 2ft^3. Ocean Forest goes for like $22 for 1.5ft^3.

Currently I'm using ocean forest until the bag runs out then I'll switch back to Happy Frog. The guy at the hydro store said it's best used outside, but I've used it inside without any issues at all. I didn't mix any extras in with it and drainage was fine. Had to water daily.

my mix is 30%ffof 30%coco coir 40% perlite and it seems to be working great for me. what every you decide id recomend 30 or 40% perlite. its cheap and helpful to root growth i think. myself i like more 40 or close to 50% on perlite i just kind of eye ball it but i try getting it in that range

anything organic like what everyone has mentioned, prime example Fox Farms, or Humboldt Nutes, or Bio Bizz which usually is very expensive and hard to get.

Back
Top Bottom