Transplanting from miracle-gro

cjizzle617

hey everyone...ive been growing for about a month and i notice my bottom leafs on my babys are turning yellow.IS this normal and also im using Miricle-gro...ive heard happy frog is good to use....i'm just looking for friendly opinions...whats the best soil and how should i transplant it without shock damage or hurting my plants. Need so great advice from some expereanced friendly growers.:rollit:

not a lot of info to really go on here but my gut usually tends to think bottom leaves going yellow are usually a lighting issue; by chance are you growing under a couple of small cfl's?

I've also read that it's not advised to use miricle grow, depending on which u have bought it has slow release plant food so your nutes can't really be controlled that easy and when it comes to flushing it gets harder because if it has got slow release food in you never really flush it all out, but I'm a newbi myself so I could just be talking crap. :)

I use Fox Farm Ocean and Happy Frog my self. I like to mix them 50/50 so far works outstanding. I also use warrior for seedlings so they do not get burned with hot nutes. I agree with wufo all the way on Miracle grow. I have seen nothing but problems with it. I wish you the best and keep it growing green

Miracle grow is not a good idea as its something of a Frankenstein product. If you want good plants, you want good soil. Miracle grow does not improve soil, it harms it, and when the nutrients it provides are gone, your plants will be at a nutrient disadvantage. Kind of a rule of thumb for good growing medium is 1/3 potting soil, 1/3 perlite, and 1/3 coco. The later are very important for drainage and root health.

Back
Top Bottom