Mircale Gro Perlite?

erockhardass

My babies are almost 2 weeks into flowering, and I recently found out that I should transplant them from 3 gallon pots to 5 gallon pots since they are over 18 inches tall. Is this necessary? Also, the only Perlite I was able to find is Miracle Gro Perlite, which it says is enhanced with Miracle Gro nutrients, but it seems to be a very small amount. Should I use this with my Happy Frog soil?

I would transplant them so that they can grow a little bigger and give you some bigger nugs.about the dirt I have no clue.

I would not transplant during flowering... you should be ok with 3 gallons. They might get transplant shock, and IMO this would affect yield more than a slight root bound condtion. Not an expert on the subject though, and there are several other factors to consider - amount of light, space, strain...

Miracle grow perlite seems to work fine for me... I suppose you could always wash it if you don't want to upset your regular fert. amounts.

I guess its a matter of opinion,because we have transplanted 3 plants that was in flower and they are doing great. They are producing some nice nugs, they could be better if I could convince the dingbat growing them to stop flushing the nutes out of the soil, 10 minutes after placing them in the soil....

I would soak and then rinse the perlite to get rid as much of the MG time release nutrients as possible. Then let it re-dry before mixing it in with the soil, it will be easier to measure and work with.

Perlite is volcanic glass, used mainly for soil aeration. It does not (read, should not) play a role in feeding the plant. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom