How safe is transplanting

Erica Smith

I wanted to get some advice on transplanting from hydro to dirt. I am giving a few small plants to some friends but they prefer dirt and I have better luck with hydro. Is it safe to transplant and if so how big or old should my babies be?:yummy:

Re: How safe is transplanting??

I wanted to get some advice on transplanting from hydro to dirt. I am giving a few small plants to some friends but they prefer dirt and I have better luck with hydro. Is it safe to transplant and if so how big or old should my babies be?:yummy:

No problemo Erica, although I don't advise going the other way as you never know what critters are in the dirt. If you have rooted clones the size doesn';t matter.

I agree with led, just make sure your friends are gentle with the roots when transplanting into dirt.
I'd stay on the smaller side for transplanting, so as the roots aren't getting too big. Ideally around 1 1/2 to 2 weeks or so they'd be a perfect size for handling, but you could probably transplant upwards of a month old without any big problems.

Back
Top Bottom