Some General Questions

JerryDun

Hi, I have some questions if anyone can help.

About 5 days ago I switched my girl to 12/12. Within 48 hours she really started stinking, is this normal for an Indica dominant strain?

Approximately when can I expect to start seeing some flowering? I'm thinking 2 weeks from the time she went to 12/12

I am going to set up a Carbon Filter and was wondering how often I have to run it? I don't want to run it continuously if I can help it. I would like to run it every 2 hours for 2 minutes if possible.

Grow Area - 25CF
Carbon Filter - 4 x 12
Intake Fan - 90CFM
Exhaust Fan - 180CFM

These fans can easily turn the room over in 1 minute

I am currently running my fans every 2 hours for 2 minutes. Today I noticed the humidity jumped from 41% to 50% while the temperature remained steady at about 78 degrees. Because of the rise in humidity I started seeing a thin layer of white fuzzy mold appearing on the surface of the soil. I scraped off the mold and added some dry soil on top hoping that will cure the problem. Any idea's on how to prevent that from happening again? I did water my girl pretty heavily last week and the soil is still quite wet, so I plan on letting her dry out a bit even though she seems to love the water.

Thanks!

Stinking is normal especially when flowering is induced.

Strain dependent but usually 2 weeks - 3 weeks you will have noticeable bud formations.

The carbon filter will have to run constantly if you want it to be most effective. Think about it, the plants constantly stink so you need to constantly scrub the air.

Keep your fans running to keep the air moving over the soil. Or get a fan the blowers over the top of the pots. This will help. Let the soil dry out between waterings.

Thanks for the feedback McBudz, much appreciated.

My 180CFM exhaust fan is a little on the noisy side since I am currently running open ended ducting on it. After I attach the Carbon Filter, will that quiet the fan down a little? I don't have the filter yet which is why I'm asking.

The fan is hanging by nylon straps so there's not much more I can do there.

Thanks....

Back
Top Bottom