Tent and ventilation questions

bigbudzzz420

i just need some advice on my set up
i have a 4x4x8 tent, with 1200 watt led lighting with bloom and veg modes, i have a 4 inch inline fan for my intake attatched to a 4 inch carbon filter , 1 6 inch inline fan attatched to a 6 inch carbon filter for exhaust , i have variable control speeds on both .
my main question and concern is when i run both my fans while my tent is zipped , it creates suction , sucking my tent inwards tightly just after a few minutes , is this good ? normal ?
im worried this wont be good for my plants when i grow them in the next week or so .
side note , ive tried running just the intake at low and it has a balloon effect on my tent . i have to find a balance .
also i read that it SHOULD be a ratio of 2:3 or 3:4 for intake to exhaust and that we want the negative air pressure while growing so the air exchanges up to 12 times an hour
420-magazine-mobile574170566.jpg

420-magazine-mobile693326040.jpg

420-magazine-mobile475795070.jpg

i just need some advice on my set up
i have a 4x4x8 tent, with 1200 watt led lighting with bloom and veg modes, i have a 4 inch inline fan for my intake attatched to a 4 inch carbon filter , 1 6 inch inline fan attatched to a 6 inch carbon filter for exhaust , i have variable control speeds on both .
my main question and concern is when i run both my fans while my tent is zipped , it creates suction , sucking my tent inwards tightly just after a few minutes , is this good ? normal ?
im worried this wont be good for my plants when i grow them in the next week or so .
side note , ive tried running just the intake at low and it has a balloon effect on my tent . i have to find a balance .
also i read that it SHOULD be a ratio of 2:3 or 3:4 for intake to exhaust and that we want the negative air pressure while growing so the air exchanges up to 12 times an hour
420-magazine-mobile574170566.jpg

420-magazine-mobile693326040.jpg

420-magazine-mobile475795070.jpg
That's perfect. That's what you want. Think of it like a vacuum. You want it to do that because it's creating negative pressure and it's going to allow for better fresher oxygen at a quicker rate. I myself only use an exhaust with a passive intake. The more pressure the better when it comes to oxygen. You are doing great when that is happening

That's perfect. That's what you want. Think of it like a vacuum. You want it to do that because it's creating negative pressure and it's going to allow for better fresher oxygen at a quicker rate. I myself only use an exhaust with a passive intake. The more pressure the better when it comes to oxygen. You are doing great when that is happening

If your getting a vacuum then you are doing good. Plants get that fresh air coming inside. That's why it's also good to have a fan going on inside for circulation!...✌️

I dunno what tent you're using but I know that Gorilla Grow Tents have an accessory pack you can buy for your GGT called a GGT Indoor Grow Room High CFM Kit which is basically 4 steel beams like the GGT supports that attach horizontally in the middle of your tent to help prevent that sucking in thing from getting so bad (won't stop it completely though). Your tent may not have a purchasable accessory like that but if it's a big problem you could try to build your own.

Back
Top Bottom