Some of the more bizarre/strange growing things you've heard

Blazer420

Every once in a while I meet a grower that has some "interesting" ideas they have formulated for growing amazing flowers. I'm sure many of you have as well. I'd love to hear them! I'll start...

So this one fellow has two ways he works with his plants.

1) He only waters with used bong water. He claims that a lot of THC is removed by the water and when he waters with it the plant absorbs that THC producing "the dankest weed in the world!"

2) He also has what he calls "stealth weed." Similar to above, but he saves his cigarette butts and ashes. When he starts a grow of "stealth weed" he mixes all that ash and the remaining tobacco from the butts into the soil. His claim is that the plants "suck up" all that tobacco product and when smoked the flowers smell like cigarettes and disguises the smell of the weed.

You seriously can't make this stuff up...

B-

OK, got a new one last night.

"I add a bunch of orange Gatorade G2 to my res. Its for the electrolytes. No electros, no resin. When the orange color goes away I know its time to change my res. Best part is that it makes all other stuff taste like moldy riverbank schwag!"

I'm still shaking my head.

B-

I had a pot bellied pig that would only poop on a Marley strain...the thing turned into this massive plant that grew up over the house(backyard city/not good)...so maybe pig poo is the ticket. I had a friend who said if you buried half a ripe avacado next to a plant it will make it bloom early.I never had an "extra" plant to experiment on so I dont know.

Hang your buds upside down to dry as it makes all the resin inside drain into the heads !!!!!!! I guess resin must be like a sap and run inside the "veins" of the stems. I think this one is up there with "bury" your heads so they go mouldy and it increases the THC !!!!!! Maybe I should add some moist bread to really boost it !!!!!. Pat.

Watering with Bong water sounds like a great way to fubar your PH and add TDS to your grow without any benefit or knowing how much.
Adding tobacco to soil is a great way to spread cannabis viruses.
Adding G2 or any high fructose corn syrup to the res sounds like a great way ferment the roots out of O2 and earn algae in your DWC.
Letting your pig shit fresh on your plants sounds like a great way to get trichinosis and prions like tape-worm in your ass.

But this one actually happened to someone I know:

IN a hydro setup, using Mycorrhizal fungi, the guy used a small pump to water his back-yard from the Res tank. Every day he'd water out 1-5 gallons so his system would add new water and chem automatically like a toilet refill. Anyways... He claimed that his backyard garden was going to be huge because of all the nutes he was using...

It only took the change of weather and a red fungus started int he lawn and moved right up onto his concrete, and then spread up his oak and pine trees 25 feet high. Every plant in his yard under 25 feet was overtaken and killed.

He had 15 different types of mushrooms, capernicus inky, and others everywhere, the red- fungus looked like aliens.....

"Yeah you really have a great backyard garden bro. Your entire back yard looks like GOD shat rust red cream on it and every plant you have has been killed by some rust red foam that seems to be growing out of your lawn..."

I had to listen to him pop-off for months how his tomatoes were going to be huge... Turned out that the fungus liked to grow on tomatoes as much as in his lawn.

I know a guy who trained 6 plants into a massive scrog of chicken mesh sized holes under 1kw then bloomed and found out 5 were male. He then complained how much of a bitch it was to take them out and how he hates how much time growing takes up from his life.

The thing is, I asked him if he was sure he wanted to train them all into the screen un-sexed before he did it because taking males out will be a huge pain. He said he would probably only get a couple.

Every once in a while I meet a grower that has some "interesting" ideas they have formulated for growing amazing flowers. I'm sure many of you have as well. I'd love to hear them! I'll start...

So this one fellow has two ways he works with his plants.

1) He only waters with used bong water. He claims that a lot of THC is removed by the water and when he waters with it the plant absorbs that THC producing "the dankest weed in the world!"

2) He also has what he calls "stealth weed." Similar to above, but he saves his cigarette butts and ashes. When he starts a grow of "stealth weed" he mixes all that ash and the remaining tobacco from the butts into the soil. His claim is that the plants "suck up" all that tobacco product and when smoked the flowers smell like cigarettes and disguises the smell of the weed.

You seriously can't make this stuff up...

B-

Reading this post i can only imagine some dude walking around a party asking everyone to pour out their bong into his bucket lol

One of the funnier stories i heard was when i first started smoking, this other guy who would always bum a puff here and there but would never bring out any of his own bud to smoke started talking about how he was this big time grower... He claimed that he grew weed that was laced with acid...I asked him how he did this and he goes he would stuff the drop some acid hits in the soil and then urinate on it... he said the acid in his urine with the acid hits in the soil doubles up the potency and will cause peeps to hallucinate like on acid...now that i think about it he is an idiot......:laugh:

how about when it says on your seed packet (yield 500g-600g)

someone said something to me before about growing plants upside down for some silly reason
oh some people

ive also herd a few people say smoke with your plants its good for them,pfft o yea they love that

Actually, smoking or not, the CO2 you breathe out when spending anytime with your plants is beneficial. I sit in my grow room and listen to music/smoke all the time. Watching my girls is better than watching TV any day!

This is my own weirdness idea...I am a first time grower, a DIY-selfer. I have setup 30,000 linens for 3 bagseed ladies in their 5th week of flower. The weirdness in with smoking leaves. They are and have been WAY more potent especially having never heard it being common knowledge. Maybe more light increases the CBD CBN??...Something is working whatever it is...

Yeah last year had a friend who told us we'd get 2 harvests done outdoors in a season.. He never even heard of autos, but his plan was to use black trash bags during the first flower. Of course, they all flowered early anyway from planting too early.. Same friend told me topping was the same as supercropping. He also used some hydro shit in his soil along with 20/20/20 in flower >:| I could go on

I've heard feeding fruit (citrus/pineapple)juices to flavor your buds. I think that follows the G2 way of thinking, the plants will suck up the flavoring of their food.not sure that holds true or not and it may but it may only help but as a replacement for molasses. I don't grow enough to experiment on

I heard about people using beer :)
Personally, I use molasses but I didn't even believe for a minute that they would taste more sugary this way or whatever. Carbs are eaten by bacteria in soil, so there's nothing for the plants to feed on, and they wouldn't do it anyway as they do not uptake sugars :bong: My budz taste good cause I feed them organically, but their terpenes profile will be always genetically dependent, and you can only try to meet it with proper light and soil conditions, and then with proper curing.

I already posted this somewhere else but I thought it would be fitting here too. If you look real close you can see a black 5 gal. bucket. Its about 25 ft. up, there's one !ore above it. Both coco hempys I can barely reach them with the hose.

That looks like a brilliant way to hide it, and a brilliant way to break your neck. I'd honestly look into some way to get something a little less risky.

Back
Top Bottom