Spam

DrOfDank

What's up with all the spam? This site is hit more that any other I've ever seen. Do you realize how frustrating it is to subscribe to your rss only to be inundated with garbage trying to sell me kitchens and now black magic spells? I've been dealing with this crap for months hoping you guys would get a handle on it. Why haven't you?

Hi DrOfDank.

I'm sure an administrator will respond, but in the mean time thought I'd chime in with a thought. From what I've read in Administrator posts on the subject of Spam, it appears most of it originates with real people signing up and creating a profile. Since this site provides an anonymous way for users to post on subject matter that my be illegal in their location of residence, it becomes particularly difficult to prevent the activities leading to spam.

It many ways it presents a dilemma similar to that of the First Amendment to the US Constitution; You may have to listen to speech with which you don't agree or like, but everyone has the right to say what they wish within certain parameters.

What's up with all the spam? This site is hit more that any other I've ever seen. Do you realize how frustrating it is to subscribe to your rss only to be inundated with garbage trying to sell me kitchens and now black magic spells? I've been dealing with this crap for months hoping you guys would get a handle on it. Why haven't you?

First of all, please let me apologize for your inconvenience, DrOfDank :sorry:

420 Magazine has the most effective form of human verification possible, but no system is perfect.

We deleted 75 Spambot posts today and some must have been picked up by your rss feed before we got to them.

Should you suffer a repeat occurrence of this insidious rss terror, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Feel free to report any spambot posts that you come across by clicking on this symbol :ciao:

Thank you for making us aware of the situation, we are truly grateful for your understanding and support.

:Namaste:

I have never seen so much spam on a forum, cannabis or otherwise. The latest bit of spam bullshit that prompts this post is today's "Facts" forum. The entire page is consumed by one thread after another pumping some spell casting voodoo scam. It tends to make me not want to come here. Please do some "moderating."

Hi oldchuck,

We apologize for the recent wave of spambots. I assure you, we're doing our best to stay on top of the situation and remove any and all spambot posts as soon as we find them. This is done everyday all day long whenever a bot post is found and/or reported and I'm actually in the midst of this process right now.

We can't be everywhere at once though so as Ricorico stated above, feel free to give us a hand by reporting any spambot posts that you come across by clicking on the report post symbol, located in the bottom left corner of every post -

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we try to keep the spambot situation under control.

:Namaste:

We've been manually deleting anywhere from 75 to 250 spambots a day for a long time, it's out of our control. You may not see as much at other sites because they don't have as much traffic. The more traffic and better your search results, the more prime target you become for these parasites. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom