Speak Up Today for Sensible Regulations in LA!

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The Los Angeles City Council will vote on an ordinance regulating medical cannabis collectives next week, and we need you to help us make it workable. There are some provisions in the draft ordinance that are simply unacceptable. If these are adopted and enforced, many of the city1s collectives will be forced to close.

Can you take a moment today to call your representative on the Los Angeles City Council and ask him or her to make the changes listed below? It does make a difference! City Councilmembers have already responded to community input by making big improvements in the draft ordinance.

You can find your City Council representative by typing your address in the
3My Neighborhood² box at The Official Web Site of The City of Los Angeles - Home or by calling (213) 978-1020.

Don1t live in Los Angeles? No problem! May we recommend you contact City Council President Eric Garcetti at (213)-473-7013?

Tell you representative: 3I am support sensible regulations for medical cannabis in Los Angeles. I want you to adopt the changes recommended by advocates on Friday, November 20. Specifically, I want you toS²

(pick two or three points here that are most important to you)

* Protect patients1 rights by keeping records confidential
* Adopt buffer zones of 500 feet or less between collectives and sensitive uses
* Let collectives share an ally with residential uses
* Reject a narrow definition of a collective that requires on-site cultivation
* Allow a sufficient number of collectives to serve the growing number of patients in the city at least two hundred

Make these calls now so that City Councilmembers know what patients need before Tuesday1s vote.

---

The next LA-ASA meeting will be this Saturday, November 21. This will be our last meeting before the Los Angeles City Council votes on regulations for medical cannabis collectives. Come get the latest news and be a part of the last big grassroots push to adopt sensible regulations.

What: LA-ASA Meeting

When: 1:00 PM * Saturday, November 21

Where: Patient ID Center, 470 S. San Vicente Blvd., Los Angeles 90048

Public Transit Info: metro.net | Transit Services and Information for Los Angeles County

Thanks for helping!

Back
Top Bottom