Speed of growth: indoor with LEDs vs outdoor with the almighty sun

I have two plants that were germinated at the same time, just one had emerged out of soil 2 days before the other. Both are in PRO MIX HP, 3 gallon Vivosun fabric pots.

I have two C.R.E.A.M indoors under LED lights (one was 4 days before the other), and one outside under the sun (3 C.R.E.A.M total). It receives nearly all day sun, yet it is well behind in its growth. Comparing both size of the plant, and the branching.
Indoor plants are bushy and around 16 inches tall, while the one outdoor plant is the same height, but nowhere near as bushy

Both pictures are of the same plant outside...on the left
IMG_9344.JPG
IMG_9345.JPG

This strain is a Cream Caramel crossed with a Deimos, perhaps its just a different phenotype that I am seeing in this one. Speed is questionable though, as the photos seem to be moving much faster.

I germinated both of these at the same time, only difference is one was grown solely under the sun. Once planted in PRO MIX, it was moved outside to the pool room to remain warm and get partial sun. Once it was starting to show vigorous leaf growth, I moved him out into the direct sun were he will spend the rest of his life.

Sun soaked plant
IMG_9376.JPG

*CHEAP* LED plant
IMG_9380.JPG

Quite a significant difference I would say

First picture is a result of roughly 2 months of growth under led in 1g livingsoil. Picture two is one week after planting them outside in the earth. Picture three is roughly two weeks after picture two. Mega growth! The sun is magic.
I believe
1.your outdoor plants might not have been suitable for outdoors. (Some are for indoors only)
2. Your soil was off.
3. Not enough sunlight and water. (I give those girls lots and lots of water. Very often too. Plus the rain the past few weeks has dropped around 30mm) there in direct sunlight for close too 16 hours.

Dang, never got notified there was a reply.

While I do agree with your first point, we cannot compare photoperiod and autoflower without a huge variation.

As for #2 - same bag of Pro Mix I had been using for several crops

And for #3 - The Photos that had been placed outside, have grown extremely fast, and are still expanding. I check on them several times a day, and water when I see its needed. The area the plants are at have been getting nearly 14-16 hours of sun during the height of summer, and are now receiving just about 12 hours due from the shadows of the evergreens.

As it was only my third seed germinated, it is way to soon to not count out a different phenotype. Especially since all three have expressed different growth patterns. First was Christmas tree shaped, second was just a big bush, and the third and final is just one large main cola with two small branches out the sides.

Next summer will be the only way to find out what is going on.

Back
Top Bottom