What's wrong with her?

Canachris

She's been looking worse as the day goes on. She sprouted yesterday it's a Bruce Banner auto flower I put her in the sunny window along with her sister but she ain't happy. Both same soil same everything. Pics of both. I put her back under the LED incase the sun was too much 4 her

20230310_112708.jpg

20230310_112633.jpg

20230310_080535.jpg

After I filled the cup the bigger one is in I sifted the others to get the big twigs and bark chunks out. The smaller had a dome over her until this morning so she will take a bit longer to dry up.

She seems a bit better under the LED usually my seedlings do great in real sun, the photo seedling does. who knows, it's not easy being green green

What’s up Canachris??

ditto Roy… domes are for clones to keep rh high while they develop roots, seedlings have roots.

with that said in a low rh enviro a dome may help her to pop the shell, but once anything is standing above soil it’s time to yank the dome.

your sprout looks like it has wet soil…

one problem is airflow, with homemade containers the holes are usually put in the bottom so when placed on solid surface no air moves thru the soil… look at real nursery pots, the better ones have holes on the side near the bottom so air still moves thru the container even when sitting on a flat surface

you could either revise your recycled cups going forward or use wire cookie drying sheets from dollar store to elevate your babies… small usb fan moving air underneath helps wet dry cycle to move faster

here’s standard 1 gallon nursery pot - notice how the holes are in the sides?… not the bottom….also cookie drying sheets either to elevate your girls or cut out and bent to hold seedling / clone cups

The dome was on overnight and came off this morning. the weird little pod leaves are weirder than usual they are long and curl under. At first she was doing good in the sun but after a while she started to bend over. But now after being under the LED she seems to have perked up. It's hard to see in the pic

20230310_151403.jpg

Yeah unfortunately I found that out after I had sifted. I did save the bits I sifted out I'm going to add it back to the big containers as I fill em. I thought without the big chunks the seedling would have an easier time pushing thru to the surface. I'll be starting g a journal for them soon and go thru the process of restoring my coast of Maine soil. Thanks guys

20230310_155711.jpg

20230311_052354.jpg

20230311_052412.jpg

Yeah unfortunately I found that out after I had sifted. I did save the bits I sifted out I'm going to add it back to the big containers as I fill em. I thought without the big chunks the seedling would have an easier time pushing thru to the surface.
That's not a bad thought and I do the same in my seedling pots, but just in a little pocket around the seed itself. Once the root breaks out it is free to explore the better growing conditions below.

I thought without the big chunks the seedling would have an easier time pushing thru to the surface.
For their size and weight the newly emerging seedlings are powerhouses and can push sticks and stones that weigh many times their own weight out of the way.

It does look small and very possible will end up being a runt plant. Do not be surprised if it does not grow as fast as it should and is always behind any of the others that were planted at the same time. Sometimes they recover and will catch up to the others and be just like them. Time will tell.

If it is a runt it is still worth growing just to see how well they grow or don't grow. It becomes part of the learning curve.

Back
Top Bottom