What's wrong with my baby

Yes but they do rot over time most say they can get three grows or so before they are trashed.
I see, well if I'm honest I love the fabric pots even if I have to replace, I feel they are a little more natural than plastic...

This plant I have now is almost double the size of the one from my previous grow in half the pot size...

Btw hows the Fruity Pebbles going? Last I saw she was a monster!
Hey dude sorry I forgot about that grow journal. It was 30:1 CBD autos and they didn't make it.... A lot of factors caused them to fail including grow and fincial wise... I also lost 8 babies over the course of 5 months due to a transplant issues (I learnt why though so that wont happen again but that is a long story for another day)

Now I've got a proper mars hydro 5x5ft with 5x 4000k 100w cobs 300w 2500k worth of CFL's to add a little more red... I also started using easyplugs and 50 50 coco perlite mix for soil.

Where my previous tent was self made and 2x100w cobs and some really poor soil...

Yesterday I planted out my 2 autos, Royal Gorilla and Lemon Haze... They were exaclty 1 week old from germintation when the roots started coming out the bottom.

So I'm keeping record of these babies and if all goes well I'll do a full grow journal on them. But my first grow before those were Jack Herer and the person I gave them to said it was some of the finest Jack Herer and indoor she has smoked before!

Try to grow in the biggest container you can because it is the best way to avoid nutrient or root bound issues.

I don't want to burst your bubble but even in a huge pot soil is rubish... I lost 8 plants in 10gal pots due to bad soil... Never doing that again they just didn't grow and after I finally decided to pul the plug on them (nearlly 5 months stil not near flowering) they were combined the size of what one plant would have been to start flowering... Other factors to be taken into consideration but still because the soil wasn't right the plants got root bound after transplant and just wasn't trying to grow futher

Also the 8 plants I lost was under the above mentioned mars hydro tents and 5 cobs set up

But I am planning to use one 10gal pot with 50 50 coco perlite for an outdoor but I'm moving in 4 months sobthat won't be possible

These were the 8 plants I'm talking about and they stayed roughly this size for nearly 5 months for reference these are 10 galon pots...
IMG_20200725_175037.jpg

Your welcome we are happy to help any way we can we hope your successful from here out.Keep us updated please. :thumb:
Thanks man, so far so good. The autos are looking great and the big one seems to still droop a little but she'll get beter I'm sure of it.

You did not water enough or feed from what i am seeing.Either way we can help you out more in the future many really good growers here at :420:

The issue with those babies where, if I feed they'd curl up and start making spots and brown tips the day after I gave them nutrients no matter the dosage, and I also couldn't give water often due to the soil staying moist and not drying up..... I'm serious when I say they got root bound... When I pulled them from the soil to empty the pots they literally formed a root ball in the form of the pots I used to grow them after germination and before transplant.

Second I used two different mediums (minor differences) but this was the cause.... The medium I used to grow them from seedling was soil but had 1 part coco 1 part perlite and 4 parts soil. It was also a hot soil but just the right amount so that there was no feeding needed only watering... But the soil I transplanted into was 4 parts soil and 1 part perlite and it was very hot... You could smell the stench of the chemicals from outside the garage that's how bad it was.... When I pulled the plants i only found like 4 to 6 thin roots spread within this bad soil... Not a single root ball formed within this bad soil hence they got root bound in the soil that was just right and keep in mind I gave these babies roughly 3 months to recover and still nothing...

This was a hard lesson to learn but I'm never going to transplant a well developed plant again due to soil changes causing issues and the increase time it takes to recover from the transplant shock...
And I also am not going to use soil again given the issue I cant tell what they mixed into my dirt, thus I cant tell if feeding will be over done or not thus 50 50 coco mix is perfect in this case, also my supplier for the coco mix premixes it and they wash the soil to balance it out and then add some calcium and magnesium for the flowering periods which makes it a great soil to use in my opinion as I saw some of their results. (They literally mix the soil for cannabis)

But a great shout out to all the guys who helped me with this thread and all the guys from before... When ever someone needs help I tell them ask 420 Magazine. I'm mean how more experienced do you need!! Great day to all of you guys!

Buddy! I haven’t read all the post, so I apologize if this has been said already... you need to prune your plant! It’s loosing all its energy to those underlying fan leaves. They suck up all the sugars and leave nothing for your buds. Don’t get me wrong... fan leaves are important. I’m not getting into the science of it... but you’ll reap the benefits if you prune properly... Look at lollipops
Google ‘Nebula’s Cannabis Prunning’. I always prune mine at the 3rd week of flowering...

Just an update on the original post. It all went well, I started feeding her nutes and she started getting better. Thanks for the advice guys sometimes its hard to tel wheter they need nutes and wether it's burning them!!

Back
Top Bottom