Nute Burn Or Just Too Hot

OlderStoner

I've got quite a beautiful female about 6 weeks into flowering. She's got fan leaves out the wazzu and very bushy so it's apparently healthy. It has been a rather hot summer and since I have her outside there's no way to avoid 90°+ temps. It's been as high as 96° but and she's taking 1-2 gallons of water each day. Sometimes she droops even if I let the watering wait until morning. But each time I water her, she springs back to life. The buds are starting to fill in nicely and swell up, so again she appears healthy.

My trouble is that I've been using some organic fertilizer which the label says is mostly chicken manure. I have also supplemented a little of the FF trio with Tiger Bloom, Open Sesame and Cha-Ching. I put only a 1/2 teaspoon of Tiger Bloom per gallon and the Open Sesame & Cha-Ching I was alternating but using only a pinch at a time per gallon. And I only feed her once a week. The plant has lost most of it's green color in the lower half and the tops are still dark green. But the tips of almost all the leaves are showing the classic sign of nute burn. I can't believe I've been using too many nutes as I've been so stingy with them. If you zoom in close on the pic you'll see the tips appear burnt. So I'm wondering if I used too many nutes again or if the heat is the cause of the leaf tips burning.
20200829_093127.jpg

According to your description, you are using your nutes incorrectly, so when you give the improper soluble at the improper time you get burning with some nutrients and deficiencies with others.

By alternating the solubles you are highly confusing your plant. Maybe following the Fox Farm feeding chart with the entire nutrient line would serve you better, after adjusting the chart for your plant? This appears to be a long running sativa, so you will have to extend the chart out quite a ways, giving beasty bloom until the end of bloom, when you start piling on the Cha-ching. The last few weeks of flower you should have been feeding heavy Open Sesame... while following the 4th week feeding suggestions for the Tiger Bloom and the BIg Bloom, and I believe they now recommend a little Grow Big in there too. Right now I would progress on to the 5th week feeding suggestions and then stay there until you see 60% of the pistils change in color, and then move to the 6th week on the chart.

Back
Top Bottom