Is she dead? 3rd grow but first time using a good seed!

DoinkDaddy

420 Member
Hi Everyone,

I germinated a BlimBurn Girl Scout Cookies seed last week. She sprouted a nice little tail and I put her into soil on Friday (11 Sept) and popped her into my tent with an HLG100 LED. She popped up a day or 2 later but has yellow cotyledons and doesn't look like she's grown at all over the past 2 days.

I'm worried that I may have fried her with the LED, so I've taken her out and put her on my window sill in sunlight to try and recover.

Does she look dead? Am I wasting my time trying to revive her? I was so excited for something that wasn't bag seed!

IMG_8107.JPGIMG_2612.JPGIMG_4408.JPGIMG_8240.JPGIMG_5341.JPG

@DoinkDaddy she isn't dead yet. She doesn't look happy. That soil is pretty wet. Perhaps she is headed to dampening off due to overwater? How close did you have your light? Is it fresh soil or recycled? Sorry for the hammer questions. ;)

@DoinkDaddy she isn't dead yet. She doesn't look happy. That soil is pretty wet. Perhaps she is headed to dampening off due to overwater? How close did you have your light? Is it fresh soil or recycled? Sorry for the hammer questions. ;)

Thanks Patient puffer :)

Light was probably about 30-45cms away from her and she kept on drying out really bad, so I cut a soda bottle in half and made a dome to pop over. I removed the dome about 30 mins ago to try and let her dry out a bit.

Soil is fresh :)

Okay. Fresh soil means no bad pathogens in there. I killed a few seeds once due to moldy recycled soil. Your light wasn't close enough to have scorched it. I do the bottle chop humidity dome as well. I have seen my seedlings speed up growing with the increase in humidity. I would keep the dome on and just keep your light backed away enough it doesn't dry out the soil. Sometimes we just get bad seeds that fail to thrive. Fizzle...check the VERY bottom of it's stalk, right above the soil. Is it skinnier than the rest of the stalk and turning brown? If NOT, you're going to make it.

I got hooked on using the dome by having my seed casing getting stuck on my seedlings head. I have also ruined a few seedlings by ripping their head off. So as a habit for myself, I keep my little domes on. Forgive me. I did not mean to mislead anyone. Namasté

Hi Everyone,

I germinated a BlimBurn Girl Scout Cookies seed last week. She sprouted a nice little tail and I put her into soil on Friday (11 Sept) and popped her into my tent with an HLG100 LED. She popped up a day or 2 later but has yellow cotyledons and doesn't look like she's grown at all over the past 2 days.

I'm worried that I may have fried her with the LED, so I've taken her out and put her on my window sill in sunlight to try and recover.

Does she look dead? Am I wasting my time trying to revive her? I was so excited for something that wasn't bag seed!

IMG_8107.JPGIMG_2612.JPGIMG_4408.JPGIMG_8240.JPGIMG_5341.JPG
I am a firm believer in as much light as possible right from emerging as soon as the sprout senses light intensity it begins to grow accordingly.The longer you wait to give it full light the more stretching and stem weakness occurs.This is a properly illuminated plant from the second it emerged from seed casing.It got big in less than ten days.

From my research, the "Pebs" is a highly sought after strain. If one could presumably find it, the strain is kept as an heirloom. It seems that Capt. Ahab has a hold of the White Whale. Amazing. When I was delivering for a dispensary around 2014, the owner had a strain that smelled like Fruity Pebbles. He billed it as KGB. I got a bag seed and bred with it. The progeny grows about 4 ft tall and easily yields 2 lbs. I will grow her next year for showing off. The offspring's high is moderate but her yield is through the roof. Your speaking of the strain makes me think back to the smell that KGB had. It smelled like sweet cereal. The high was perfect as well. Doubtful it was the same. You got the whale. I am snagged on a beluga. Haha haha.

Very cool, we are glad to have you here! You know there’s many ways to skin a cat or grow some hooch.

Yes I used domes on seedlings too at certain points but overheard one day that’s really to help clones retain moisture until they get rooted and that kinda stuck.

Also I dropped a reply for you last nite on another thread about me getting some mileage out of green dragon from a sub lingual dose. Here’s link for that one. Other reply to Patient Puffer

Hey DD,

Our criticisms may sound harsh, but that is never the intent. Do your best and if she lives we are happy, if she dies we will help you get re-started. No worries ok? We have all killed plenty by mistake!

Let the soil dry out and see what happens, no more water for a day or two.

You should ask about your soil mix and consider adding perlite or rice hulls. Also what exactly is in your soil mix?? Don't go digging up your seedling or anything but maybe you want to adjust your soil mix before dropping any more costly seeds or beans as we call them.

Back
Top Bottom