spider mites need help

kickstart1227

i sprayed my plants with floramite i have been told that it will last for 3 weeks i have looked at my plant and there are still a few mites on some of the plants, one plant has none, one plant has one and one plant has three should i wait until the three weeks is up and spray with something else ? or can i spray now with something else .and what else should i spray with ? i have neem oil,forbid,avid and mit rid. i have been told that if i spray with any one spray more than 3 times in a year it will not work after that. any suggestions :riskybusiness:

The little basterds do gain a tolerance but you have to be as aggressive as they are. Try to change to a diff poison each application. If chemicals don't work try live preditors such as Nemotoads or Ladybugs. they will go after the eggs and anything that moves. Just stay on top of them another product that has good results is a product call Organicide.

i have heard of boiling tobacco and sraying your babies i dont know how true this is i haven't needed to (yet) its worth looking into hope this helps :roorrip: peace

when i had mites id spray safer neem oil from ace hardware with no dilution of the oil and in a week had no mites. like homeboy said be agressive as they are.

can i spray now or do i have to wait until the floramite wears off i don't know if i can mix floramite with anything else

No, don't mix the floramite with anything else (at the same time).

I would guess for right now, a shot of neem oil or safers soap wouldn't do any harm or interact with the floramite.

Wait the floramite out, though my stuff from the manufacturer says 28 days before another application.

When that time is up, I would go to the Forbid at the full strength (1/4tsp/gallon), both so resistance isn't built up and because the way it works is different.

I had a BAD infestation and hit my plants with the Forbid on 3-1-10 and haven't seen ANYTHING since (knock on wood!). Forbid also kills eggs. I couldn't believe the one application could be so effective, but it was.
:goodluck: in the borg wars.

DD

Back
Top Bottom