Spider mites

Diyandimitrov

So I sprayed my plants with 2 tbs sulfure per galon and its not affective versus spidermites. So shoud I spray my plants with clean water now and was off the sulfure. Then next day use 30ml of neem oil per galon? Or 50:50 alcohol and water ? Cause I try plant therapy versus spider mites and dont work too. Any advices how to.kill them im in vegetative stage. So no buds I can fucked up?

Oooh yeah not supposed to jump between sulfur and oil based products within 2 weeks time, risk of cooking foliage…. but sulfur foliar should do the trick. Easy way to remember is when going for pests….. always go up under her skirt first…. reason is when you spray from top down the leaves droop down from weight of spray then you get poor coverage on underside where they live and stick their eggs.

I’m going to hollar at @SmokingWings he had great info on spray frequency to defeat their life cycle. It’s something weird like spray 3 days in a row and then every other day but whatever it is you gotta stay after for like 2 weeks then you can get to regular IPM maintenance sprays

good deal wasn’t lecturing just re-enforcing good spray technique, never used the alcohol deal so not sure on mix ratio.

I recall Bobrown saying shake well and shake often when spraying cuz the sulfur wants to drop out to bottom of tank. Think he might advise you go with sulfur burner….

I would expect in your enviro it would be easy to get spider mites nested into the hoop itself, living in the soil and crawling on the plastic sides etc…. do you have that fabric weed block stuff on the floor?

hey Mr @Bobrown -are you tuned in today?

Sulfur 420% works on spider mites. Kills all soft bodied insects.

Can use spinosad from Monterey

Monterey LG6135 Garden Insect Spray​

Sometimes mites build up tolerance to some treatments but Sulfur always worked for me.
With Mites you gotta understand 1 treatment is not enough you need to treat then wait 2-3 days treat again - do that for 2 weeks then weekly.

They have a life cycle. Sulfur wont kill eggs so what happens you spray kill the living adults and pupae then the eggs hatch and the cycle continues. We need to break the life cycle by keeping adults from laying eggs. Can do this several ways. Kill the pupae so they dont become egg laying adults .... the eggs hatch - spray again kill the pupae again and do that until there's no more adults. It takes a few weeks.

As mentioned you can't spray oil on sulfur. It will absorb into the leaves at the surface and its good for the plants so you cant use oils after. That and neem oil I dont ever use.

I'd burn my crop before using it because of the taste it leaves behind. Nasty.

I

Sometimes mites build up tolerance to some treatments but Sulfur always worked for me.
With Mites you gotta understand 1 treatment is not enough you need to treat then wait 2-3 days treat again - do that for 2 weeks then weekly.

They have a life cycle. Sulfur wont kill eggs so what happens you spray kill the living adults and pupae then the eggs hatch and the cycle continues. We need to break the life cycle by keeping adults from laying eggs. Can do this several ways. Kill the pupae so they dont become egg laying adults .... the eggs hatch - spray again kill the pupae again and do that until there's no more adults. It takes a few weeks.

As mentioned you can't spray oil on sulfur. It will absorb into the leaves at the surface and its good for the plants so you cant use oils after. That and neem oil I dont ever use.

Used 2 tbsp per gallon bonide sulfur. I deep some leafs inside let them on a side for 12 hours and they was moving wtf . So i think didt work I mean if I deep them in the solution and they move? They have no space to hide when they are under water with sulfur. I will tru thay insecticide soup u told me I have a hope for that

How the neem oil hurt the plant ? I'm happy never happen to me cause I used before like 3 times a weak 30ml per galon never have a problem.

How the neem oil hurt the plant ? I'm happy never happen to me cause I used before like 3 times a weak 30ml per galon never have a problem.
Nobody said that the Neem Oil will hurt the plant. Go back to message #2 and read it. @013 did not say that there was anything wrong with spraying with Neem Oil. He wrote that the gardener is not supposed to spray oil and sulfur on the plant. Doing basic research on spraying with Sulfur and with an Oil together and we will find that out.

They are NOT to be mixed, they are NOT to be sprayed one after the other. If the plant is sprayed with one of these then the plant should not be sprayed with the other one for at least 2 weeks. The Sulfur and most oils will have a reaction called a "phytotoxic" reaction. Adding one on top of the other might cause a phytotoxic reaction one time and not the next. It can take a week or more for the reaction to happen. It might not happen at all. If it is going to happen it will happen rapidly once it starts and it will be all over the plant whereever it was sprayed. Not all plants will have the reaction. Not all oils will produce this reaction when used with Sulfur. This is one of those cases in gardening when some testing should be done to see if your plants will react to Sulphur being sprayed over Neem Oil.

Spray with Neem Oil all you want, do not then spray with the Sulfur for at least 2 weeks.

Can I use this with sulfure in 3 days apart ? Cause bits some oils on it .but check it out I used on 100 babys as experiment and waiting to see any damage before I spray my real plants. What should I expect something in bad in a next 2 days? Cause of the oil inside?

20211022_081219.jpg

No firsthand experience here but so funny because just bought my first bottle of Dr Bronners this week. I’ve mentioned before I’m trying to do away with ipm sprays and now using beneficial insects…. getting ready to flip my chick this weekend so it will be interesting to see whether this works or if I crash and burn

I’ve never burned my plants (phytotoxicity) with oil and sulfur because I read the labels, took it seriously and didn’t want to take a chance, but I’m very curious to see what other replies you get.

I had used Spinosad pretty hard during one grow…. turns out it never killed them and I think what happened is they became resistant to that product..… think the label says do not use more than 6 times total…. heck I was hitting them 6 times in less than a month, so no wonder they became acclimated to the chemical and later kicked my arse

I sprayed before wirh 40% soybean oil and sulfur next day and soybean oil again and sulfure and I dint burn anything. I can be lucky. What burns them in about 5. Hours was neem oil and sulfur or sulfur firay neem oil next day. I do experiments when I have extra plants wich its ... All year long but I like hear other people's opinions. Cause some times I can be lucky with my experiments and spray yhe whole greenhouse and losing 100-200 lbs its not my goal in life

No firsthand experience here but so funny because just bought my first bottle of Dr Bronners this week. I’ve mentioned before I’m trying to do away with ipm sprays and now using beneficial insects…. getting ready to flip my chick this weekend so it will be interesting to see whether this works or if I crash and burn

I’ve never burned my plants (phytotoxicity) with oil and sulfur because I read the labels, took it seriously and didn’t want to take a chance, but I’m very curious to see what other replies you get.

I had used Spinosad pretty hard during one grow…. turns out it never killed them and I think what happened is they became resistant to that product..… think the label says do not use more than 6 times total…. heck I was hitting them 6 times in less than a month, so no wonder they became acclimated to the chemical and later kicked my arse
Wha its ipm product. ? And what its that spinosad.?

yes - you gotta have extra plants on standby.… enough to experiment with

Ipm = integrated pest management…. just means being proactive to prevent pests before they happen as opposed to being reactive and waiting until you have an outbreak

Old saying goes…. an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure….

1) spinsoad is an isolate from sugar cane production, pyrethrin is made from crushed chrysanthemum flowers, Neem oil is made from crushed Neem seeds, oil dormant or mineral oil is a byproduct of petroleum production… Safers is potassium salts of fatty acids,

2) the newer class of sprays are called bio-pesticides…. they use oils derived from plants like rosemeric acid (rosemary) and clove oil

both 1 & 2 above are not really harsh chems anyway,

So I sprayed my plants with 2 tbs sulfure per galon and its not affective versus spidermites. So shoud I spray my plants with clean water now and was off the sulfure. Then next day use 30ml of neem oil per galon? Or 50:50 alcohol and water ? Cause I try plant therapy versus spider mites and dont work too. Any advices how to.kill them im in vegetative stage. So no buds I can fucked up?
Hello, how are you doing? I use Diatomaceous Earth(DE), it's crushed sea shells into the consistency of flour, fluff your plants with it(veg state only) and sprinkle some on your soil, it's completely organic but be sure to wear a mask because it's not good to inhale it. If you look at it under a microscope it looks like razor blades stacked on top of each other and when a mite, aphid, ant, or any other insect with an exoskeleton steps on it they gets impaled and stripped of their skin, it's pretty excruciating I'm sure but that's what they get for attempting to sabotage your grow. I purchased a 10lb bag which came with a fluffer on Amazon for around $30 a year ago and still have plenty leftover. Good luck

So you mix that think with water and spray it with a foger ? Or you go around like hary poter and dust your plants ? Its sounds intresting the wat you explained.

Back
Top Bottom