Spidermites breaking my heart please help

cyrystic

just as my plants are starting to take off , this morning I walk in to have a daily check and notice something seriously wrong with one of the smaller girls ... webs... for some stupid reason I tried for a few seconds to rationalize with myself and try to lie to myself saying " maybe its a spider ?"....of course its spidermites.... thats my luck .....I feel like someone just killed my dog... like my hopes and dreams are crushed ...what do I do ? How do I handle them quickly? ... what do I use ?

I would rather stay away from neem oils if possible and also preditorial insects ( the bugs seemed a bit expensive )

What widely available sprays are around that are fast acting ? I have read through several posts on the matter ... i've been on the hunt for 6 hours now and need to get something TODAY.... I have a lowes , walmart nearby , a flower store ( never tried to find anything there ) and a few hydro stores if i go into town...I really need some advice on how to eradicate these home wreckers in a very timely matter , the girls are on their second week of 12/12 so I am pretty much f*cked I think :( I feel like I am watching my best friend slowly die .. I am so hopeless right now ...I need to destroy these bastards :/....

as of right now I have 1 plant that is infested w/ them and another that didn't look (as) bad but still horrible... I didn't really notice any webbing on my others (yet) but I am sure they will end up with them and or allready have them , the two bad ones have been removed from the room for the time being, and I sprayed them w a water/alchohol solution this morning , so far no movement noticed from the mites...

Re: Spidermites .... breaking my f*cking heart :( please help

Rosemary oil.

I don't know the best concentration, but since it's an oil it won't disolve into the water. It'll come in a oil concentrate -- I'd suggest diluting it to at least at 10 to 1 ratio, but you may find that even a 100 to 1 ratio will work.

I've never personally had a problem with spider mites, but I've done a lot of research as they are, apparently, very common.

Try GNC, or any health food store, it's a specialty item though so do not expect to find it at your local grochery store.

I'll send you a PM with a little secret that'll save you some cash...

:goodluck:

Go to ebay and search: FLORAMITE, FORBID, or AVID.

DD

I used a mixture of dishwashing liquad and vinigar and it worked great, I got the mixture off this site. I THINK it is 1/2 tsp dishwashing liq. and 1/4 tsp vinigar (PLEASE CHECK). I sprayed on plant top and bottom of leaves, let set for 30 minutes and spray off with distilled water, thats what I did and it worked great but my plants were small. GOOD LUCK

Back
Top Bottom