spidermites -what to do when its gone to far?

N.W.Gthumb

so i live in a house were there are two med cards(mom and me) i have had a really bad infestation since a buddy gave me 15 plants that were already borderin death, i wouldnt have takin them if i could go back but... this was three yrs ago and many grows, i am now at a place were i am keeping numbers low but still battling, i have a un finished basement as my area all concrete except some divider walls and celing. flower room is 67x22x8 and i have and ac/dehumidifer to control atomosphere, have tryed white fly no pest strips and zero tolerance in veg room. any suggestions{neem oil and dish soap too)

Re: spidermites -what to do when its gone to far??

Do a little research into a thing called Floramite, i have a buddy that swears by it.

Hello N.W.Gthumb, (related to N.W. Green?)

Im extremely vague I know, BUT! I use this stuff, (starts with eco-) I picked it up at my local hardware store, and its all organic. My grow is setup outdoors so bugs were a huge thing for me. Its designed for roses i believe, but i had a few little mites/unwanted guest in my garden and it cleared them right out. My advice, trip to hardware store. Hope i was ANY help whatsoever ;) goodluck!

Do a little research into a thing called Floramite, i have a buddy that swears by it.

Also check out a product called FORBID by Bayer.

I use both, alternating, because mites will develop resistance real fast.

Both are super potent (1/8-1/4 tsp/gallon), stupidly expensive and you need a license to buy the stuff.

There is a guy on eBay (Raider_Nation), who sells small amounts that are affordable and with dosages that small, a little goes a long way.

Many times, 1 application is all that's needed. I apply just before going to 12/12 and have never seen a mite before chop. Do NOT use this stuff when in flower.

Go on eBay and search either the guys name, FORBID or FLORAMITE. He has all the technical data in the listings.

This stuff works 100% when nothing else does.

DD

ya i like the floramite, i dont wanna go to stupid with expensive stuff yet, for along time i really wasnt "in the battle with those lil mooching bastards" and i have just recently started taking on the situation, my mom was legal first so.. i would do minimal things that she couldnt do but stayed outa the agenda and knowlegde as far as
"it all" pertaining to our area" have been on it for about november, shortly after u became legal and had my "mmj appifany" long story short everything from watering to climate control and back to pests was, not managed at all, in short to my long im gonna try bathing in pyrethreum on a week and a half two week schedule till there ready for 1212, see i realized only this weekend about them building resistance and i havent gave them a reason to resist{theres always something to learn from a mistake}so i figure not to try to control or battle the "problem" there shouldnt b one" so ya thanks guys if pyrethrum seems week cause of how many there are and how much i have going on i will defintly try floramite.. thanks for the help,figuring out the site will start journels soon , wanna get a better camera befor i get into the journel thing... love what ive seen outa most names that frequent, thanks again,N>W

I would suggest the FORBID first for a couple of reasons.

It is semi-systemic in the sense that it will penetrate the leaf it is sprayed on to the other side. You don't have to worry about 100% coverage top and bottom.

It kills everything, adults, larvae and eggs.

You don't need to pH the water or worry about the temp as with Floramite, much easier to work with.

Cost ~$18 delivered. About 5ml IIRC. Plenty unless you have a boatload of plants, the dose for this is 1/8tsp/gallon and a qt is usually enough for several plants. 1 application usually does the trick.

Check it out a bit further.

DD

Back
Top Bottom