Spidermites!

Vberg420

420 Member
I have them on some house plants. As we all know ...UGH! My question is... best way to get rid of them ASAP I’ve got seeds on the go!!

Treat your medium with nematodes (google it). It eats the eggs and larva and leaves your roots alone.
I’d treat the medium before you repot.

I ran a bit of a risk by driving humidity to 80 % for 2 days. Spider mites absorb moisture and at some point, they will bust and die. Or the continuously high humidity could promote the growth of some fungi that could infest and kill the mites.

To kill mites, you have to treat your plants once a week for 3 weeks minimum. Each week change it up from one might killer to another. For example, flying skull week one. Green clean week 2 and azamax week 3. They will be dead.

The reason to do this method, is to keep the mites from becoming immune to your typical mite control.

You should be looking into beneficial insects if your serious about growing.

Peace...

Are you serious
Very.

It’s a three pronged solution. You have to break the life cycle. It doesn’t do any good to kill everything on the plant, if you don’t address the 1000s of eggs growing in the soil. It’s not that easily done, but with persistence you can control it.

I had fungus gnats on my second grow. They arrived in the soil before I even planted the seeds.

I used Nemasys Sciarid Fly killer. I live in the UK. You can get something similar in the US on Amazon. It’s advertised as killing mosquitos.

Diatomaceous earth is good for the top of the soil. It doesn’t interfere with the soil, and will shred the bodies of anything walking or crawling on top.

I used an insecticide for the leaves. Mine was bad and pre flower. Way to many leaves to hand swab. Not sure what I would have done otherwise.

If you’ve got flyers (which I did), hang yellow sticky strips above and between the plants.

It’s way better to deal with this before your plants are growing. I treat the soil before I start. Period.

Back
Top Bottom