Sprouted seeds

afkafkafk

hello i put my sprouted seed in pro-mix two days ago...just wondering how long is it going to take b4 the plant pops out the pro-mix

Yea, I have six seeds in dixie cups right now and one popped through early on the second day. By this morning (day 3) four have come through and the last two are just popping through now later on day 3.

hello...and what kind of lights are you using..does lights matter? im using a 24 watt t5 fluorescent light.....im going on the 3rd day with nothing,....i watered my soil b4 i put the sprouted seed in....when should i give up and try to sprout some more seeds?

I have 6 43watt CFL's and 2 27watt CFL's in a reflector hood I made. The bulbs can be gotten online or in hardware stores. Some will have bulbs that big and some wont. I know Menard's had them but Lowe's and Home Depot by me didnt. I got them online tho.

During flowering I was going to use a cluster of 12-14 27watt CFL's but I am debating buying some of these big 43watt ones cuz I like em.

I feel the same things you guys are going through. I've been waiting for over three days for my girls to come out. I've now moved them into a coffee cup with warm water and foil lid. If they don't pop by tomorrow I'm going to need new girls.

Just germed 5 Lemonskunk and they are all up within 36 hrs, 85f and @80rh. Seeds were fresh too. My previous batch last week took 3-4 days, 75F and @60rh, seeds were a bit older. All seeds soaked for 24hrs, floated 12, sunk 12.

Just germed 5 Lemonskunk and they are all up within 36 hrs, 85f and @80rh. Seeds were fresh too. My previous batch last week took 3-4 days, 75F and @60rh, seeds were a bit older. All seeds soaked for 24hrs, floated 12, sunk 12.

I like to soak seeds till they crack. If seeds are fresh, they start to show the radical at 12 hrs. of soaking. If seeds show nothing at 24 hrs., I'll hand crack them (gently) and off to paper towels in a baggie and warmth. I'll then wait for about 1" of root before carefully putting the in coco. This 1" of root may take several days with older seeds. So I would open the baggie for air exchange every six or so hours. Works good with old seeds.
:peace:

So after 24 hours in the cup they started to pop. I put them in dirt carefully and also taking in concern for witch way they should point. Now I've left them in total darkness for the 2-3 days I'm thinking it'll take to sprout.

So after 24 hours in the cup they started to pop. I put them in dirt carefully and also taking in concern for witch way they should point. Now I've left them in total darkness for the 2-3 days I'm thinking it'll take to sprout.
As mentioned, always a good idea to see the seeds crack in the water soak, but don't let the tails grow submerged in water for long.
I always put mine under floro lighting when placed from soak to soil. I think it helps the seed to orient.

Back
Top Bottom