Started Inside - Finished Outside

I like how you spread her out. Get as much sunlight into those bud sites. What do you think about when those colas are flowering pulling them back at an angle toward the sun. I was thinking the bud sites would stretch outward and away from the main stock to get the sunlight on top of the buds. I've been experimenting off and on with a plant and noticed the lower buds are getting bigger all the way up the stalk. But my experiment is flawed because I've been rotating it when it's in the grow cabinet and it's standing straight up. Something you might try, staking one down at an angle and leave the rest straight up and see if it makes a difference. :thumb:

Alright guys was able to catch a break from the rain and take some pics this morning. Plants are looking good other than a couple trouble spots on some lower leaves. Other than that they have both made huge improvements considering. I'm thinking of scroging one to see how it turns out. I know there mainly for indoor grows but if it could maximize the buds in a closet then I don't see why it wouldn't do the same outside. Good or bad idea?? Last pic are the newbies I'm gonna be planting soon, all the one with a name are my NYPD the others are good bag seed I've tried as well as the freebies that came with my NYPD from nirvana.
image23391.jpg
image23422.jpg
image23423.jpg
image23424.jpg
image23395.jpg
image23398.jpg
image23079.jpg
image23394.jpg
image23397.jpg

Maybe all the rain and cloudy days is making her think it's time to flower?
Not sure about the bugs. You could post in the Problems and Pests, someone will know.

check your sunrise sunset times in your local area. In Colorado right now we are basically getting 13 hour days and 11 hour nights. Depending upon where you live you may get a little less daylight which would cause you plants to flower.
As far as your pests go it's hard to say by looking at the holes what type of bug is munching on ur plants. I had a similar problem last year and gave my plants a few sprays of neem oil and the pests were gone.
Looking good though so far keep it up!

Thanks fellas, I think your right on with the rainy/cloudy days cruizer, but hey what ya gonna do can't exactly bring em back in so there gonna have to toughen it out. Also that's a great point raisingcain I'm gonna check that right now get back to ya. Thanks dudes can't wait until I can put these NYPD in a bigger area, these are the one ones I'm gonna do right. I've seen a dudes plant with this feeding regime and his colas were absolutely rediculous!! And he'll his was in a 5gl pot. I will be doing two like his in a pot(my pots are 15gl) and ill do the other three outside. Compare the two...right cruize :) oh and CAIN the sunset/sunrise is what u said 13 on 11 off.

Exactly what I was thinking or I might just wait till the plant gets bigger and fold it over for a second scrog, would help with stability once the buds get bigger. Or I was thinking I could put one right behind it, fold it back out straight and scrog it too! The possibilities are endless in my mind. Lol

Nice creative thinking with that scrog
Just a thought, u might want to try and raise the screen up higher and let ur plant grow into it, it's gonna hopefully get a lot taller and if you keep weaving the branches underneath as it grows your screen is gonna be filled up by July, then the extra growth will just grow straight up cuz there will be no where else to weave it, then come flower time it'll stretch even more and your canopy won't be as even as you would like it to be. We want a nice even canopy 2 weeks after flowering starts so the plant doesn't focus its bid making energy on a single cola, if your colas are mostly the same height then ur gonna get multiple fat and long colas. Try to get it about 18 inches off the ground maybe even higher up to u though. Just a suggestion though my man. My plants are gonna be in 20 gallon felt lots outdoors and I plan on setting the screen 2 ft higher than the top of the container this will give me plenty of room to work underneath the plant to defoliate and weave and water etc. hopefully things turn out good. Best of luck to u as well keep up the good work!

Good too see ya again mr.Cain! I understand exactly where you are coming from that was my only concern, but at the same time do you think if I folded the other half over(it would be about a foot over the first one)that I could just scrog it through that one as well for extra stability. Once it grows past that I'm going to make one about two three foot higher than the second one as I have another really good scrog idea :) we will just have too see what I come up with.

Well I decided that either way I had to move that screen after looming at some other outdoor scrogs! No way that was gonna work so for now I'm gonna leave like this as it has a lot more-room to grow. Think this way way will work ok at spreading them out as it grows. Will be setting up a 2nd layer as it grows out of this one. Will be interesting to see the shape of this thing once it fills out, I'm super excited!!! Also received my nutrients from the web, should explode! First time using botanicare products hope their as good as their cracked up to be. P.S. will have a lot more pics coming soon thanks too everyone who's given their advice so far. 420 is great!!!
image23773.jpg

Ok everybody gonna do a bit better on my info and show just how far they have come.
Plants:sativa dominate but not exactly sure of orgin/three NYPD
Medium: native dirt made mainly of clay soil that's been mended with the following bone meal, blood meal, lime,wormcastings, 5 bags peatmoss, and two bags of perlite.
Lighting:sunlight
Age:both big ones about 3/4 months:little ones are about 4 to 5 weeks in vegg.
Big ones flowering(believed to be from light change,inside to outside)
image21030.jpg

image21484.jpg
image22911.jpg
image22066.jpg
image22068.jpg
image23077.jpg
image23394.jpg
image23422.jpg
image24397.jpg
image24399.jpg

And that my friends was hopes journey so far as you can tell by the name she been through the ringer! Great resilient plant

Back
Top Bottom