Started week 4 flower yesterday, looking for advice

chef green

420 Member
Ive been growing this plant since november, it came from a group of random seeds but thankfully it was a female. This is my first grow and im learning through each step of the way. Im hesitant to defoliate my plant since its my first grow but any advice is greatly appreciated.

Lights: 600w LED with bloom switch on veg off

Thanks for any advice

Attachments

• IMG_6140.jpg
    IMG_6140.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6139.jpg
    IMG_6139.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6138.jpg
    IMG_6138.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6137.jpg
    IMG_6137.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 35
I limit the number of leaves I remove in Flower.
Hopefully any defoliating needed was done before the 12/12 flip
That being said, as the plant matures and buds form, I will remove fan leaves blocking light to bud sites
If it starts getting to thick in the middle of the canopy, I'll remove leaves slowly a few a day.
Just go slow and easy during flower, pulling only what is needed to improve light penetration

Hi. My question is why not run both switches on your led. I have 3 1200 watt. Aglex led lights and I always run in veg and bloom lighting. More the better. And defoliate with care. Best to have that done before week 3 of flower. But that’s not a law. Just be sure to not go crazy and allow her to heal before anymore leaf stripping

Hi. My question is why not run both switches on your led. I have 3 1200 water. Aglex led lights and I always run in veg and bloom lighting. More the better. And defoliate with care. Best to have that done before week 3 of flower. But that’s not a law. Just be sure to not go cray and allow her to heal before anymore leaf stripping

Is there a benefit to running both the veg and bloom switches? and to answer the first, i dont think im going to defoliate but continue to lightly trim when needed like weaker leaves towards the bottom

For me there is yes. I have always ran both settings. Check out my Crown Royal grow journal and you will see :passitleft:

Wow thank you both for the awesome advice, ran both switches through the rest of yesterday and i swear it looks as if the plant grew way phatter overnight. Ill make another thread on sunday.

Back
Top Bottom