Starting clones now, in the Niagara region

StefanWolf

im just wondering what my final pot size should be? I see people suggesting 100 gallons, but its june and they'd be done in early October i would hope.

The bigger the pot the bigger the plant i understand that, but wouldn't you have to veg longer? In which case what would my best pot be for the best outdoor yeild considering the time frame? I'm making my own living soil so I dont want to over spend on it if I don't have too.

Depends on the yield your looking for. Most I see use 5-10 gallon pots. In that timeframe I wouldn’t veg longer. You will be lucky to harvest by oct

No matter what pot size, the period of light brings on flowers, not pot size. I use 7 gallon bags indoors, and the ground outdoors in my greenhouse. I just planted my 8 inch high plants today and they will be huge by harvest in mid-late October. I am at 45 degrees N. I'd use a minimum 20 gallon outdoors otherwise you will be watering 2X/day.

Depends on the yield your looking for. Most I see use 5-10 gallon pots. In that timeframe I wouldn’t veg longer. You will be lucky to harvest by oct

well mid October late October. I worry about it being to cold though.
Thats discouraging..
Is 65 gallons over kill, 50 gallons?

Thats discouraging..
You’ll be fine. I agree with what @Bush Doctor 77 said. Flowering is predicted by hours of daylight. As long as you have a strain that flowers in a goon number of weeks for your region you’ll be fine. They will begin to stretch and preflower at less than 15 hours of daylight. Check out timeanddate.com and put in your location..you’ll get an accurate date. For where I am in Ontario it’s around July 24. That gives me plenty of time for my 7-9 week flowering plants.

Oh and I forgot to mention..go as big as you’re able. I grew in 15 gallon last year and did have to water often when very hot out.

Thats discouraging..
My Hindu Kush was finishing last year during the first week of October when she got ripped. She would have been perfect in a few days, so say October 10th. My neighbour had a fast flowering strain and he was done by mid September. We're just outside the Niagara region, to the west.

im just wondering what my final pot size should be? I see people suggesting 100 gallons, but its june and they'd be done in early October i would hope.

The bigger the pot the bigger the plant i understand that, but wouldn't you have to veg longer? In which case what would my best pot be for the best outdoor yeild considering the time frame? I'm making my own living soil so I dont want to over spend on it if I don't have too.

I had mine in a gro-tent for about 3 weeks and they’ve been outdoor for a month now in 20gal pots. Their about 6ft. And doing dandy

Back
Top Bottom