Starting Grow Room From Scratch to SOG - Advice Welcome

kylegak47

Hello fellow growers and cannabis enthusiasts!

I am kylegak47 and am new to the forums, and I am currently in the process of vegging an AK47 clone into a large mother for me to take decent cuttings off of, obviously so all future plants will have the amazing genetics of this exact plant, I've had the clone for maybe 2.5 to 3 wks now, in a general purpose Miracle Gro soil recently transplanted from a red solo cup to a 3.5 gallon janitorial bucket with 4 holes cut in the bottom, the plant was nearly 12 inches until recently supercropping the tops and now it is kind of laying over until it bends back up into the light. I have the plant under a 52 watt CFL and was getting atleast a solid half inch to inch of growth a day minus a day or two transplant shock maybe. I have a 400 watt HPS for flowering, my main concern is that I have no previous experience with one as ive always used fluoroscents or the sun in the past.. When I first purchased the clone I burned it to a yellow color by putting it directly under the HPS for 18 hours a day without knowing that you dont do that to a fresh clone.. Hence the CFL setup now, like I said I would like to build my full grow from this one genetics, or does anyone think that will take way too long? ( i want my grow to be atleast 30 plants on a constant harvest cycle SOG method ) Should I just plant more seeds and take the risk of getting males or should I keep with my plan of only cloning the AK47?

Also, what kind of nutrients are best to use other than just watering everyday?
my only regimen as of now is Miracle Gro soil and good clean water,
the plants stems are red/purple and the leaves a deep green healthy looking color,
will have photos up later tonight or tomorrow.

How large should I wait until I take my first Cuttings?

How far away should the HPS be when i switch my cuttings from veg to flower? going from a CFL to HPS 400 watt?

What is the best rooting hormone that can be purchased locally in a chain type store like walmart, home depot or ace hardware?

I will get back on tomorrow after waking up and checking on my plant and post a more organized journal in the organized format template I saw on the sticky thread.. just wanted to break the ice and get some advice in the process, as grow advice is the main reason i signed up here!

Be safe and smoke kind my friends!

Re: Starting Grow Room from scratch to SOG.... (constructive criticism welcome)

OK, some questions. You say you want to continually harvest. Is that 30 plants at a time or thirty total? If you want to start with 30 I would say it will take a while to get that many cuttings at once. More manageable would be 10 at a time. Wait until you can easily take 10 cuttings with a couple extra for failures. When as tall as you want flip them. Then in a couple or 3 weeks you will want to take 10 more, plus a couple extra. Veg them the same amount of time as the first and put them in with the rest. Keep doing that until you want to try something else. But your 1 400 watt is too small for that many plants imho. Assuming that you will keep them small I would say you could get away with 1 400 watter for each cycle. So if you are going with 3 different age groups you may need 3 lamps. If you want to run them all at once it will take a bit to get at least 40 cuttings to get your 30 clones.

As far as the soil, nobody likes Miracle Grow. I've never used it. Your mileage may vary. And as far as nutes, I found my local Fred Meyers sells Earth Juice products. And I would say that any rooting compound will work.

One last piece of advise. Find some ones journal that grows in the style you want to emulate. Read through their complete journal so if you have any questions at least you will know what to ask or know if it has already been asked. Be their best friend and ask questions. Read all that you can most of us here want to help. And good luck with your endeavor. :passitleft:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom