State Pulls the Plug on Medical Pot Research

California - Citing the state’s budget crisis, California political leaders said yesterday that there will be no more funding for medical marijuana research even though a new scientific study found that cannabis helps ease debilitating pain experienced by thousands, perhaps millions of Americans. The Chron and the Trib report that clinical trials conducted by the University of California’s Center for Medicinal Cannabis Research found that medical pot helps relieve pain from muscle spasms associated with multiple sclerosis and certain neurological conditions.

Although the study just confirms what Californians knew fourteen years ago when they legalized medical marijuana, the results had the potential to help tilt the fight for medicinal pot. However, because the state has decided to pull the plug on future cannabis research, the single study, along with two others in progress, may not be enough to alter the federal government’s hysterical and paranoid view that pot is harmful and should remain illegal. As a result, millions of Americans likely will continue to be denied access to a drug that will help ease their pain.

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: East Bay Express
Author: Robert Gammon
Copyright: 2010 East Bay Express

here is what i do not understand:

Government is willing to put tons of time and money into cancer research. All that we they have found is a way to prolong cancer, making us live our lives longer, but what does that do if treatment for cancer is painful and leads to certain health risks.

Medicinal Marijuana has proven research. It only does prolong cancer and other illnesses, but in my opinion, it is much safer, more enjoyable, and there are alternatives other than smoking (edibles tinctures and vaporizers).

At the rate I am seeing things, medicinal marijuana will actually be more readily available to patients than going to the doctors and what not, and much more AFFORDABLE!!

here is what i do not understand:

Government is willing to put tons of time and money into cancer research. All that we they have found is a way to prolong cancer, making us live our lives longer, but what does that do if treatment for cancer is painful and leads to certain health risks.

Medicinal Marijuana has proven research. It only does prolong cancer and other illnesses, but in my opinion, it is much safer, more enjoyable, and there are alternatives other than smoking (edibles tinctures and vaporizers).

At the rate I am seeing things, medicinal marijuana will actually be more readily available to patients than going to the doctors and what not, and much more AFFORDABLE!!
all those things you mention are exactly the reasons 'they' keep it illegal. there just isn't as much profit in healing as there is in prolonging.

Come November California will be the first state in the union to pass marijuana de-legalization laws. Government is going to try and keep it illegal but the people are going to say " Bullshit and pass it... " It is everywhere in California and the only problem is the lies that politicians are putting out. Not people using it...

Back
Top Bottom