Stealth grow smell control?

potgoblin

hey guys i did post this question with another one i was asking in the seed section but i thought it might get a bit more feedback here :)

'i only have a small space for growing and its indoors its basically a chest that i converted into a grow box

my only problem is going to be the smell as i want to remain as inconspicuous as possible so my question is..

is there and way that i can either reduce, cover up or eliminate the smell without having to spend a fortune on buying a carbon filter?

iv heard something about ethanol spreyers but i can imagine if i stuck that in my grow box with the small space it is already it would be very focused on the plant n i just cant see that doin any good

any tricks tips and advice a greatly welcomed

:420:

oh and by the way im also having trouble germinating some bag seed that im starting with as this is my first grow its in the seeds and clones bit if anyone could throw some ideas into the think tank for that to :)

hey guys i did post this question with another one i was asking in the seed section but i thought it might get a bit more feedback here :)

'i only have a small space for growing and its indoors its basically a chest that i converted into a grow box

my only problem is going to be the smell as i want to remain as inconspicuous as possible so my question is..

is there and way that i can either reduce, cover up or eliminate the smell without having to spend a fortune on buying a carbon filter?

iv heard something about ethanol spreyers but i can imagine if i stuck that in my grow box with the small space it is already it would be very focused on the plant n i just cant see that doin any good

any tricks tips and advice a greatly welcomed

:420:

oh and by the way im also having trouble germinating some bag seed that im starting with as this is my first grow its in the seeds and clones bit if anyone could throw some ideas into the think tank for that to :)

Yeah you could build a carbon filter very easily and cheaply. I spent about $60 on a filter I ended up returning in favor of one I built for $15 and it works fine. I modified it a little and you can find it in my stealth cab link in my sig. Google "the best diy ez walmart carbon filter for micro grows zen style". It should come up. It's on another site that I go to very rarely. (I just googled it and that info is everywhere.)

I've got a small grow space too and it works for mine. I also have the option of using an "ona bucket" that I built for cheap too.

Plenty of inexpensive options for odor control.

:Namaste:

this is brilliant advice, my grow space isnt quite as impressive as yours i struggle with flat pack furniture what can i say haha but the step by step way youve posted is certainly very helpfull and informative :) do you know anything about ethanol sprayers? i saw a video of a large grow set up where in one corner of the room there was like a automatic ethanol air freshener which it said combats the odor from the plants, how harmfull would something like this be in a small grow space or would it need to placed outside the box? wouldnt want to damage them as when i do manage to get them to grow it will only be one or 2 plants for myself so i cant afford to kill any :p

thanx again giantsfan24 :)

Yeah you could build a carbon filter very easily and cheaply. I spent about $60 on a filter I ended up returning in favor of one I built for $15 and it works fine. I modified it a little and you can find it in my stealth cab link in my sig. Google "the best diy ez walmart carbon filter for micro grows zen style". It should come up. It's on another site that I go to very rarely. (I just googled it and that info is everywhere.)

I've got a small grow space too and it works for mine. I also have the option of using an "ona bucket" that I built for cheap too.

Plenty of inexpensive options for odor control.

hey just read a post on this odor gell called natural magic gell, says its similar to the ona gell, i was wondering would this work just as well if i put it inside my grow box instead of having to set up a carbon filter or ona bucket? there would be plenty of air circulation inside the box im just a little worried if it would be enough to mask the smell and would it taint my plants it its in close proximity to them?

hey just read a post on this odor gell called natural magic gell, says its similar to the ona gell, i was wondering would this work just as well if i put it inside my grow box instead of having to set up a carbon filter or ona bucket? there would be plenty of air circulation inside the box im just a little worried if it would be enough to mask the smell and would it taint my plants it its in close proximity to them?

You don't want to put any chemical odor killers in with your plants. I've read they tend to pick up the smell of it and that's no good.

Ona gel is pretty cheap and a very good odor killer. My advice is to stick with what the masses are doing and you can't go wrong.

You don't want to put any chemical odor killers in with your plants. I've read they tend to pick up the smell of it and that's no good.

Ona gel is pretty cheap and a very good odor killer. My advice is to stick with what the masses are doing and you can't go wrong.

i can get my hands on some ona blocks or the gell pretty easily, and that would be ok to have inside the grow box close to the plants without tainting them but be enough to kill the odor?

thanx again for this help very much appreciated :thanks:

Ono Block $8.00 for the small one. I suggest buying one and cutting a piece of it off, put on glass plate and that way it will go the extra mile.

But I am not sure that adding insane smell, (Those things smell like laundry drying) is the answer. I go with purification... ie buy a carbon filter.

i can get my hands on some ona blocks or the gell pretty easily, and that would be ok to have inside the grow box close to the plants without tainting them but be enough to kill the odor?

thanx again for this help very much appreciated :thanks:

My advice would be to NOT do that. I don't know what your setup is like but trust me building a carbon filter or making an ona bucket is so worth it.

My plants are in veg right now and they have been showing signs of flowers for about a month. Sometimes you can pick up a smell outside the box. When I do, I just flip on the fan with the carbon filter attached and it's gone within a few minutes.

Like I said before, I spent maybe 10 or 15 bucks on the carbon filter and also built a small custom filter out of some stuff I had left over.

Just my opinion though...:)

GREAT way to kill smell is Lemongrass Essential oil. Add 15 drops of the oil to a cup of water and place the cup in front of a fan it will kill the smell. You can get the oil at Whole foods for $5.00 and it last a month or so.

I grow small like 4 plants and never worry about the smell. There are many top low odor strains that doesn't have strong odors.But everybodys setup is different.

ONA/etc. are just "cover-ups," they operate on the principle of using a strong smell to cover a weaker one. Don't expect them to fool a K9, lol. But they might be acceptable for hiding the smell from humans. If your strains aren't too fragrant. If you don't mind having you house smell to one degree or another (probably fairly strongly) of whatever cover-up fragrance you use. If you use enough of the stuff to actually get its smell outside in such a concentration that your next door neighbors (or all the other apartments, if you live in an apartment building instead of a house) always smell the stink of the cover-up instead of the sweet smell of cannabis.

Just get or build a decent carbon filter and instead of trying to mask your smell, output air that smells like... air.

Oh, and like everyone else, I strongly recommend that you do NOT place your cover-up (or filter) device inside your grow room. Just have a sensible setup: Place the carbon filter on your grow room's (/ grow box's) ventilation output and don't run a fan on your intake so that your GR will have a slight negative air pressure and you won't have to worry about any air escaping anywhere except for your actual ventilation output path.

onas not a cover up it takes dust and smell particals out of the air. vey good stuff but not in with plants. still will need some kind of help on top of that like small carbon filter. but torturedsoul has great advice:peace:

Back
Top Bottom