Smell control

Inazad

Hi guys,

I have a 4x4 setup in my basement and I want to know how to reduce the smell (odour) of my babies while growing.

If possible, I don't want to exhaust air outside of the house... there is a way to do it indoor only ?

What do you use while growing indoor?

Yes, draw the air from your tent through a carbon filter, then vent it outside of the tent. This keeps the heat and humidity from your tent in the house, leaving the odor in the filter. This works for me, as I live in an older home. The grow tent (2 x 4) is at RH 52%, 25°C ( 77°F) and the room with the tent is at RH 32% 22°C (72°F). There is no discernible odor in the room with the tent.

I'm using a 6" x 24" Fusion Breath filter and running my in-line duct fan at about 100CFM. The air passes more slowly through the oversize filter, providing better odor absorption than the 4" X 12" filter recommended for my tent. My filter and fan are outside my tent, giving me more height for the plants to grow.

So I just need like a dryer exhaust with a fan and a carbon filter ?

Its not a tent, its a black polythen, its not scealed really...

which fan and carbon filter I should call here in Canada?

I haven't seen it done but you should be able to exhaust it into the sewer. Might mean giving up a toilet though.

Sewer pipes from homes only have an inside diameter of 10cm or 4". It can be a 15m / 50' or more run to a municipal sewer line. This would be my last choice for venting my grow tent. Take a look at some of the stealth venting windows online for a better method should you decide to vent to the outdoors.

So I just need like a dryer exhaust with a fan and a carbon filter ?

Its not a tent, its a black polythen, its not scealed really...

which fan and carbon filter I should call here in Canada?

I deal with Grow Lights Canada. Good folks, and great prices! Pass on the Fusion Breath inline fans. They are too noisey. I'm currently upgrading to the Atmosphere Vortex S-Line 6", It costs a little more, but I think it will be well worth cost. My setup will let me use the 6 X 20, 6 X 24 and 8 X 20 carbon filters. The 8" filter needs a reducer, which I replace with a straight pipe for the 6" filters. I'll post pictures when the upgrade is complete in about three weeks. I'm also upgrading to a 2' x 4'x 7'-8' adjustable height grow tent as the 5' height is not enough for my plants, even with the external filter.

Which light do you use guys?

I have a viraspectra 900w LED light but I cannot get more than 2-3 oz with a 5 gal DWC bucket...

what is you light distance from the plant ?

I started with an X6 Dimmable 1800W COB LED that draws 300W from the wall. I got about 5 oz, or or 0.47gm/W from my first grow of Crown Royale for my first grow, and about 8 oz or 0.75 gm/W for my second grow of Nightingale and V.C.D.C.

The distance varied throughout the grow with the plants growing above the light at the end of both grows. This is why I'm upgrading my grow tent. I grow in coco/perlite, which is a form of hydroponics.

Back
Top Bottom