I smell antifreeze

I dont run extraction since I live in the sticks with no close neighbors but I’ve heard a lot of good stuff about AC Infinity fans with their built in controller for setting thresholds.

yep the cold is here too MAK1. Hope you had a Merry Christmas
When I started all I had read was about venting off heat. but nothing about all that humidity. I use LED with a fan blowing across the ballasts this heats the tent and cools the ballasts. With extraction and a double ended carbon filter I get no smell (I get visitors/have neighbors). I use a dehumidifier. My boss says I can't get an AC Infinity so I have to ...wait until she tries what I grew. She has not seen my flowers.
What are you doing to control all the moisture?

sure I hear you on the boss. I started out with low budget in mind but that went out the window fast. One of the best garden expense rules I ever heard was from Bluter and it goes - buy once cry once. Didn’t know better at that time but I started out with T5, then upgraded to 315chm, next was 600 hps then finally bought 2 full spectrum leds.

I’ve got 2 older dehueys that I use in flower, in veg I’m good on rh unless winter time grow then I can crank up the humidifier to boost that. In my case having 2 dehumidifiers helps because of basement grow room and 2 grow bags 30 gallons each at watering times that’s a lot of damp soil. At this time I have only grown 1 weed plant at a time since this was test run to see if I had russet mites in my room or soil which thankfully I do not. If I had 2 plants going at same time yes I’d have to run both dehums pretty much around the clock but obviously they cycle in and out as dictated by settings I choose on control panel

Thank you.
I closed the hole in the ceiling and am using a dehumidifier. IF I put a hole it needs to be on the sidewall. There is no good way to stop the cold. Venting directly back inside and the drying the air is the cheapest way for me. Anyhow, the plants are all just about ready to pull. Done just in time as winters subzero temperatures are only a week away. No way to avoid it, winter is here.
If you vent out the roof you can get a roof vent with a flap that closes when not in use to keep cold air from coming back in (DIY job as some roof shingles may have to be replaced as well as cutting the hole through the roof). There are also inline vent flaps that close when not in use to further reduce air infiltration... mind that these really only work when in the vertical position as the spring fails to close them in the horizontal. Nice to have both options (vent and ventless for winter) as the environment changes. Using insulated flex vent could allow you to vent in the summer then remove the flex vent for indoor recirculation in the winter. Definitely too expensive to heat and vent at the same time though you are 100% correct.

sure I hear you on the boss. I started out with low budget in mind but that went out the window fast. One of the best garden expense rules I ever heard was from Bluter and it goes - buy once cry once. Didn’t know better at that time but I started out with T5, then upgraded to 315chm, next was 600 hps then finally bought 2 full spectrum leds.

I’ve got 2 older dehueys that I use in flower, in veg I’m good on rh unless winter time grow then I can crank up the humidifier to boost that. In my case having 2 dehumidifiers helps because of basement grow room and 2 grow bags 30 gallons each at watering times that’s a lot of damp soil. At this time I have only grown 1 weed plant at a time since this was test run to see if I had russet mites in my room or soil which thankfully I do not. If I had 2 plants going at same time yes I’d have to run both dehums pretty much around the clock but obviously they cycle in and out as dictated by settings I choose on control panel
Insulating for the summer? It rarely gets that warm here, 90 degrees is uncommon. Even an insulated hose gets condensation at -40 in winter. It just an extreme environment better suited to summer growing (indoors or greenhouses).

Back
Top Bottom