Stealth Hydroponic Cold Cathode PC Grow Box

jhume20

Hey guys, new to the forums but i have been reading a lot of information on here for a few months now. I have come to the conclusion that most of you are great people with lots of wisdom. I wanted to get your opinion on my little creation here. It has 8 cold cathode lights, 4 red and 4 blue for the spectrum's. Basic 2 plant deep water culture system, and two 80mm fans that push 31cfm of air. Have any of you ever used these type of lights or this type of set up? Please tell me what you think and if I can make any improvements.

Thanks and I'm happy to finally be on the forums.
20130106_233916_zps8ca1410c.jpg

20130106_233947_zps85d3fb69.jpg

20130106_234127_zps90e2e74c.jpg

20130106_234302_zpsf6fb5267.jpg

20130106_234322_zpscade50a4.jpg

20130106_234726_zpsc7a13f6e.jpg

Well i ran across a post awhile back, where a guy named alienbait tried to use these lights, and his plants turned out quite well. I put them in the PC because they take up less space than cfls so there is more room to grow.

i wouldnt really recommend them for a big area though, only for something small and stealthy

Yeah I dont know when I will grow anything in it. good seeds are pretty expensive....wonder if i can just go pick some up off some ditch weed and turn shit into gold with some nutrients.....lol :surrender:

This set up looks sick!!! I have dabbled in a pc grow before and wondered about a hydro set up, I'm subbed so I hope you get some seeds soon!

do u think your reservoir will be big enough? Im new to hydro but was thinking With two flowing ladies in there you will be topping it up by the hour!

I think your light experiment could be very interesting, I haven't heard anything about these bulbs before!
In my pc grow in soil, I found it was a bit small for 2 plants and I LSTed. I'm not to sure of the dimensions of my box, but you can check out the pics in my journal, however I had good results with just 1 lady in there! :0)

I really like this set up!!

That system is sweet. The size and the setup is perfect for a couple of lowryder clones. I bet it gets cramped fast in there, lol. This is the type of thing that I would add-into another grow setup in the side corner and work some perpetual into my cycle. nice

Back
Top Bottom