Stems started turning purple at a young age

Frosty55

420 Member
I'm using Happy frog soil with a half dose of fox farms big bloom working with given chart it's about two weeks old and still growing. It's my first grow past it sprouting. If I could get help on possible ideas to fix this if it isn't genetics. I was told this is Super Boof strain and I have smoked the same bud and didn't notice purple vividly. I am using a 4000 lumen led bulb until I get bigger grow light. 5000k color temp. Also temperature stays about 75°. Please help. Also was wondering about calmag?
IMG_20230903_190027139.jpg

I'm using Happy frog soil with a half dose of fox farms big bloom working with given chart it's about two weeks old and still growing. It's my first grow past it sprouting. If I could get help on possible ideas to fix this if it isn't genetics. I was told this is Super Boof strain and I have smoked the same bud and didn't notice purple vividly. I am using a 4000 lumen led bulb until I get bigger grow light. 5000k color temp. Also temperature stays about 75°. Please help. Also was wondering about calmag?
IMG_20230903_190027139.jpg
She looks good. :thumb:

Yellowing leaves is usually the first complaint about overwatering. It isn't a huge issue... yet.
Thank you, I do have a question of the common practice of watering and I'm honestly a noob. I really am doing my best to do as much of research but I'm trying not to freak myself out. How would I go about letting the soil dry out? Like I've heard people say the weight of the container and I had it as a clear cup at first to try to learn the pace of the plant but I also read disease can start that way. I'm not even trying to mess up my babies roots. I know she needs to eat but needs oxygen.
???

Thank you, I do have a question of the common practice of watering and I'm honestly a noob. I really am doing my best to do as much of research but I'm trying not to freak myself out. How would I go about letting the soil dry out? Like I've heard people say the weight of the container and I had it as a clear cup at first to try to learn the pace of the plant but I also read disease can start that way. I'm not even trying to mess up my babies roots. I know she needs to eat but needs oxygen.
???
I highly recommend you read this thread by @Emilya Green :

I highly recommend you read this thread by @Emilya Green :
Thank you again that was notable information.

How would I go about letting the soil dry out? Like I've heard people say the weight of the container....
The soil will start to dry out as moisture evaporates from the surface. Plus a healthy plant is drawing moisture up with the root system and releasing it through the leaves.

When the grower lifts up the container they will get a feeling for much water has evaporated off. Combine that with looking at the plant and when the container feels lighter and the leaves are just starting to wilt it is time to give enough water that the container feels as heavy as it did days ago.

Eventually the grower will be able to tell that the soil will have to be watered a day before the leaves start to wilt.

.... I had it as a clear cup at first to try to learn the pace of the plant but I also read disease can start that way.
Plant roots will grow all the way to the edge of the container. But, if it is a clear container they tend avoid growing to the very side. They are avoiding the light. You might have seen some recommendations to put the clear cup inside a colored plastic cup of the same size and shape. That will make it dark enough and the roots will grow to the sides of the clear cup. Then when the grower lifts the clear cup out of the colored cup they can get an idea of how many many and how healthy the root system is.

Just because the cup is clear will not cause disease. But, soil that is very wet and takes a long time to dry out can cause problems after awhile. As long as excess water is not trapped in the cup the soil will dry out and the larger the plant grows the more water it needs and the faster the soil will dry. Be sure that there are drain holes in the bottom of the cups. It will not help to have holes in the bottom of the clear cup only to have the excess water drain into the colored cup and be trapped there.

Back
Top Bottom