Sterilizing soil

Giantsfan24

I'm just a blink away from being done with my box. Testing in the morning and should be ready for clones this week.

I'm using FFOC and FFLW 50/50 mix. Is there any need, really, to sterilize the soil before planting?

If so, which method is better, boiling water, microwaving or baking?

Thanks!

The first post in my 'Second Run' link in my sig will show what I did to combat the parasites in FFOF. I'm 30 days in flower now and I haven't seen a single fungus gnat or anything buzzing around my grow room.

The first post in my 'Second Run' link in my sig will show what I did to combat the parasites in FFOF. I'm 30 days in flower now and I haven't seen a single fungus gnat or anything buzzing around my grow room.

Wow...that's "nuking" the soil...it's too bad that has to be done. I'm considering baking it at 180 for 20 minutes just to make sure...

Seems it would be higher quality than that...

Thanks for the link and advice!

:thanks:

Wow...that's "nuking" the soil...it's too bad that has to be done. I'm considering baking it at 180 for 20 minutes just to make sure...

Seems it would be higher quality than that...

Thanks for the link and advice!

:thanks:

I've been using ffof/fflw/happy frog for years, never had a problem. Most of the time, the bags pick up that stuff where they get stored like at the local hydro store or nursery with other contaminated bags of stuff. I have never ordered from the internet and got a bad bag or bought from my local hydro store and got a bad bag, but they run a clean operation.

Back
Top Bottom