Stinky Situation

2012 BlueBuds

As a legitimate Medical Marijuana Patient, who resides in the State of Washington and therefore am supposedly protected by RCW 69.51A, I have found myself in, to say the least, an uncomfortable situation. Recently a problem arose from my scent and allegations were made that I smelled like Marijuana. At that point, my employer, who I might add is directly responsible for my need to seek pain relief, treated me as though I was a drug dealer. They searched my body my vehicle and demanded I submit to an immediate UA. Just for the sake of understanding, I will inform you that in no way have I used any drugs or alcohol at work, been under the influence at work, nor do I take my medication to work, PERIOD! And to explain, my employer was the direct cause of my permanent disability because my injuries were caused by their gross negligence.

Unfortunately I have felt that because of who I work for, medical marijuana was just not an option for me. So for many years I have watched as both my health and mobility have declined as my only options to manage my extreme pain have been with traditional medicine and /or the consumption of alcohol to numb the pain. I found no relief without being doped up or under the influence. Again because of where I work the consumption of narcotics and alcohol was not something I was willing to even consider during work hours.

One day a friend of mine, seeing that I was in excruciating pain and almost unable to even walk, offered to apply a topical salve onto my back. This allowed me to see for myself if it would be something that actually helped my debilitating condition. Wow was I surprised to find that the pain relief was almost instant and the longer I had it on the more it helped.

In order to get my legal medical authorization to benefit from this treatment I had to go see my medical doctor. Over time I had basically given up on the medical doctors. My new MD, after a really quick review of my medical records, did not even hesitate to write me a prescription for a narcotic pain reliever. As of today this prescription is still full as I have not even opened the bottle nor used any of it. The trip to the doctor's office was not a total waste of time. It did enable me to become compliant under the law and enabled me to obtain my Medical Authorization. At that point I was able to become 100% compliant with Washington state law.

On a positive note, since becoming legal and utilizing a MMj salve in the evenings, (AFTER WORK) I have not had the need or desire to drink or use the narcotics that were prescribed for me. This must mean that MMj is a bad medicine eh? Well, my $100 per week liquor bill is now non existent!

Let us now return to my current situation, since it was reported that my suede leather coat smelled like marijuana "This coat we picked up at a second hand store a few days earlier" my employer did what most government agency's would do more or less. They searched me and after finding nothing they sent me off to have a U/A. While being interrogated I was asked if I thought that it would come back clean to which I responded negatively. Of course they asked why it might be dirty, so I told them I had a family member who has a medical marijuana authorization. As I did not feel that under federal HIPAA legislation I was compelled to disclose any more, and I was not asked so I did not disclose any more information.

The following week I received a phone call from the lab that the U/A had been sent to and they were being professional and I was informed that the test results were positive. On the advice of my attorney I disclosed to the lab tech more that not only am I the primary care giver for my spouse but that additionally I do have my own marijuana authorization.

I'm currently being paid to stay home with my spouse until they figure out what to do with me...I guess there are some silver linings eh? Actually I'm counting flowers on the wall and playing solitare 'til dawn with a deck of 51...or maybe it's ;) smokin cigaretts ;) and watchin Capt Kangaroo.... Hey it's actually on HULU now so don't laugh and don't tell me I have nothin to do......

Does your head ever spin in confusion? That's what mine does when I try to understand their logic!

:thanks:

:420:

Back
Top Bottom