Stop Trying To Legislate Behavior

420 Warrior

Reading the Feb. 28 story "Drug paraphernalia restrictions eyed," I see the good folks, the mayor, city and county council persons, et al., are on the old witch hunt again to ban "drug" paraphernalia from being displayed ( put out of sight from children ) and/or a "new law that would require the various accoutrements of getting high to be located in a portion of the store restricted to those 18 and up."

Quoting City Attorney Ted Gathe, "the unfortunate perception that could be left with the youth of the community is that the use and sale of these paraphernalia condones the use of the drugs themselves."

I propose we also ban beer/alcohol products, also glass/plastic glasses, anything that could hold the products, recipes that use alcohol products you get the picture.

Let's just ban everything that could be used for any alcohol product from every retail outlet since those products can be seen from the eye-level of ants to the tallest humans, young or not.

The hypocrisy in allowing alcohol products while not allowing pot and pot products overwhelms rational thinking, so my vote is to quit trying to legislate human behavior. It didn't work in the 1920s and it won't work now.

1_23_.jpg

News Hawk - 420 Warrior 420 MAGAZINE
Source: The Columbian
Author: John Vasconcellos
Copyright: 2012 The Columbian Publishing Co.

The article is from Canada, but you should probably check your state laws for that answer. I can't remember seeing anything that prohibits paraphernalia in a state MMJ law, but I have not read everyone of them front to back. Keep in mind, we don't know what state you live in.

Googled ole Ted "the restlestless regulator" Gathe, and he is a city attorney for vancouver, so yea eh.

Yep, God forbid someone is selling pipes, papers and hookahs in a convenience store in "His" town!

Um...Votes people! VOTES!

It's time for Cannabis to be like so many beer advertisements out there! :high-five:

Thanks for the research budbro, that rocks brother! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom